Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 3:59:01 PM EDT

I"m curious about the SIG 245. I've heard a lot of bad press about it. Is it an OK gun that just didn't sell or is it a POS to stay away from? What are the pros and cons of it?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:08:05 PM EDT
[#1]
You can read some opinions here.

Seems to me it is just a personal preference. Some seem to like the shorter slide and frame, some don't.

(I don't own one and haven't shot one. My comments are based on the article linked above.)
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to carry a 245 as a back up to my 220 while I was on duty.  It shot very well and was a very reliable weapon from my point of view.  I sold it to another officer when I went away from carrying 45 ACP for duty because of ammo related issues with the bullets I was being provided.  The other officer carries the weapon as a primary weapon once he made detective and is still using it today to my knowledge.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#3]
The P245 is just as reliable as the P220. I've owned one but sold it due to the smaller grip that didn't fit my hand well. P220 fits like a glove.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#4]
The 245 is a good pistol, 100% reliable.  Don't forget to look at Glocks if you are wanting a compact .45
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:07:54 PM EDT
[#5]
The only problem I have is that the "pinkie" curls under the mag.  Other than that, it's a Sig.  What can I say.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:18:25 AM EDT
[#6]
My brother has one and he likes it a lot and has had no problems with his. It looked a lot loike my 220 but smaller.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top