Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2011 10:51:20 AM EDT
My father's looking at diving into 1911s. I told him about the classics: Colt, Springfield Armory, etc. but apparently the gun shop near him is having a pretty good sale on the Sig 1911s. They're selling the TacOps model for a little under $800.

What do you guys think of them? Reliable? He wants it to be a carry piece. I have reminded him, of course, of shooting at least 500 rounds through it before using it as a carry gun and to also test his carry ammo.

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a SIG 1911 and love it. Once I got past the "ugly" it really grew on me.

Mine has been very reliable and is very accurate too. Less than $800 sounds like a fantastic deal for a TacOps.

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one recently pass thru my hands, not sure which model..

I Liked the feel, weight, craftsmanship but..

it was too "european" looking for my taste it that makes sense

beyond the early "GSR" I think was the model that had some issues feedback I hear is good.

CHEF
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Great dea!!!  Buy now!!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 11:36:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy it mine has been perfect
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:06:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I am the only guy in my club who does not own one and I am truly sorry that I do not.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:13:39 AM EDT
[#6]
$800 for a new TacOps is under dealer price unless they changed it...WOW!...after he gets his, please share with us where any more are.

Bill
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#7]
http://www.hoffgun.com/SP-SigTacOps.htm

^ There's the deal. It seems like a damn good price. Only problem is, for you non-CT guys, it's only in store!

Comes with 4 magazines too. If I had cash I'd have him buy me one and have it shipped to an FFL out here.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:45:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My father's looking at diving into 1911s. I told him about the classics: Colt, Springfield Armory, etc. but apparently the gun shop near him is having a pretty good sale on the Sig 1911s. They're selling the TacOps model for a little under $800.

What do you guys think of them? Reliable? He wants it to be a carry piece. I have reminded him, of course, of shooting at least 500 rounds through it before using it as a carry gun and to also test his carry ammo.  

You should do a search here before you tell your father to pick one up. They "can" be hit or miss. Good advice on 500 flawless rounds before sticking it in a holster too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top