Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/26/2012 6:14:26 AM EDT
I have a SIG 1911 4.25in barrel scorpion that Ive had for around 6 months. Ever since Ive owned it its shot high left. I would think a handgun close to $1000 would be dead on at 25 yards.
Am I just picky or am I going to have to acquire a set of adjustable sights to be on point?
If I send it to sig could they drift the sights to get it sighted in for me at no charge?

Ps, I thought the POI might have just been my shooting style/error, but Ive had 3 other people shoot this including a IPSC shooter, and all have verified my claims so I believe the issue is with the firearm, not the shooter. All verification shots were at 25 yards, benchrest.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:54:45 PM EDT
How high are you shooting at 25 yards? Using the sight picture on the right, I'm hitting about 1 inch high at 25 yards with my scorpion carry. I was surprised and actually prefer it. Lots of handguns have you cover the target with the dot now a days which makes it hard for me to shoot 6 inch plates at 25 yards.

Mine was shooting a little left, which I figured was me. I just moved the rear sight to the right since the front is pinned. David

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:20:50 PM EDT
Ah ok. Yeah I was using the sight picture on the left.
Top Top