Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2010 7:21:44 PM EDT
I just picked up a Glock 22, 3 mags and mag holster for $300.

Is there any must have accessory or part to get, besides lots of trigger time?
This is my first Glock.  I've noticed that when I take aim right handed, my point of aim is way off.  But when I do it left handed I'm dead on almost every time.
I've never had that issue before.  Maybe its because i'm so use to the ergonomics of the Springfield that when I grip the Glock I'm expecting the same?

Hopefully I'll get some trigger time this weekend to see how it shoots and I shoot with it.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn,you DID score!

What gen is it?

Alot of trigger time (dryfire, mainly) will correct the problem.

Needs no mods, really...just shoot away.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:07:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe its a 3rd generation.

So dry firing won't hurt the firing pin?

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:05:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's what Gen's 1-3 look like, with 2.5 having finger grooves but no rail mount

That's a great deal...now go empty some magazines and enjoy.  Oh, and no you won't hurt the firing pin doing dry fire - practice away!  
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:13:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Man did you at least whisper sweet nothings into the seller’s ear before you stuck it to them? Haha, sweet deal man.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:52:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Money well spent.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:07:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Its a 3rd gen, because it has the rail.  I tried to get the light with it but he had that sold to someone else.

No whispering of sweet nothings.
Just a good guy giving a hell of a good deal.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Some wise fellow here explained to me that the grip angle for the glock was designed by having the shooter extend the gun out in one hand, as if wounded in the other hand.  I have had hardcore 1911 users try this and the sights level off for them and most seem to develop a new appreciation for the gun afterwards.

You forgot pics.  

I don't like changing much.  The best accessory is a decent holster.  The full size Glocks carry pretty well for their size.  I have been using a SuperTuck, but I believe any similar type holster would work well.  If it did not come with metal sights you might want to consider swapping the plastic sights out.  You can get a Trij steel front sight for ~$10 or so or just get a set of night sights of some sort.  The plastic rear sight is not as bad as the front which can fall out if you yell at it hard enough.  

I did swap out to a NY8 trigger spring and a 3.5lb Disconnector.  The trigger feels more like a two stage now rather than a staple gun and is less tiring when shooting long strings.  I did not care for how light it was with just the 3.5 disco and the stock spring.  

Congrats on the purchase and the price.  I am developing more respect for the .40S&W glocks mostly due to their versatility caliber wise.  A Lone Wolf Barrel for $110 and you can shoot 9mm in it.  The swap to .357 sig I believe is just as easy.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Congrats on the purchase and the price.  I am developing more respect for the .40S&W glocks mostly due to their versatility caliber wise.  A Lone Wolf Barrel for $110 and you can shoot 9mm in it.  The swap to .357 sig I believe is just as easy.  

Actually, the swap to .357 is easier since it and the .40 use the same mags .

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I committed one of the cardinal ARFCOM sins.

let me right the wrong.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Very good deal, now sell it to me for $310
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Some wise fellow here explained to me that the grip angle for the glock was designed by having the shooter extend the gun out in one hand, as if wounded in the other hand.  I have had hardcore 1911 users try this and the sights level off for them and most seem to develop a new appreciation for the gun afterwards.

You forgot pics.  

I don't like changing much.  The best accessory is a decent holster.  The full size Glocks carry pretty well for their size.  I have been using a SuperTuck, but I believe any similar type holster would work well.  If it did not come with metal sights you might want to consider swapping the plastic sights out.  You can get a Trij steel front sight for ~$10 or so or just get a set of night sights of some sort.  The plastic rear sight is not as bad as the front which can fall out if you yell at it hard enough.  

I did swap out to a NY8 trigger spring and a 3.5lb Disconnector.  The trigger feels more like a two stage now rather than a staple gun and is less tiring when shooting long strings.  I did not care for how light it was with just the 3.5 disco and the stock spring.  

Holy crap Batman, extending it out like that actually worked!!

It has front and rear nights sites made by Glock, they have MH3 on the labled on the side.  From what I have found on the internet they are factory installed Meprolights.

I didn't realize it had that diversity with barrels.  Thats an added bonus.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Looking at the point of aim issue further.  I think that when I hold my arm out and shoot it one handed the weapon is held higher.
So I took it and aimed with it and adjusted my form a little bit and now its coming up dead on most of the time.

Thank you for the tip!

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I just picked up a Glock 22, 3 mags and mag holster for $300.

Brutal rape.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Holy crap Batman, extending it out like that actually worked!!

It has front and rear nights sites made by Glock, they have MH3 on the labled on the side.  From what I have found on the internet they are factory installed Meprolights.

I didn't realize it had that diversity with barrels.  Thats an added bonus.

IIRC It was Alphaghost who pointed that out for me one time when I was bitching about the grip angle.  I used to he a hater.  

A glock with Night sights and 3 mags for $300?  damn...That was a helluva deal.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:33:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I've always looked at thread like this saying to myself " damn, wouldn't that be nice.  I never find deals like that!"

I guess a blind squirrel finally found a nut with this one.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top