Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2003 6:48:47 PM EDT
.. I've been pulled into the 1911 trap.

Trying to decide on where to start off on this 1911 thing. Can anyone explain the differences between the SA mil-spec and the full size? The only thing I can tell is the "beavertail" grip. Which brings up the question.. what are the pros and cons of the beavertail? Better grip but can snag on clothing etc.

Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive been caught in the same boat. I beleive the full model is LOADED as they say with extras stuff like the beaver tail, skeletonized hammer and trigger, sights and theyre integrated locking system. You can see all the loaded options on thier webpage. I was gonna get the milspec but then fell in love with the px9151l.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Custom Loaded FULL-SIZE 1911-A1

Springfield's Full-Size 1911-A1s come from the factory "Loaded" with hundreds of dollars in value added features. Steel and light weight aluminum frames, stainless, blued and parkerized finishes, V-12 barrel porting, Novak® low-mount and fully adjustable rear sights are some of our more popular variations.

Mil-Spec 1911-A1

Springfield's Mil-Spec pistol is a faithful recreation of John Browning's classic 1911-A1. If you are looking for traditional features and quality in a no-nonsense package, the parkerized Mil-Spec is for you.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top