Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2003 6:41:32 PM EDT
Anybody carry one of these guns?

I am looking for a new concealed carry gun and came across this one at the gun shop today. Fell in love with it. Havent bought it yet figured I would ask you guys first and see what you guys thought of them.

And one more question how does it feel carrying a single action pistol cocked all day? I have only carried double actions. Seems like it might be a little easy for it to go off.

KC
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 8:11:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been carrying Cocked and Locked for over 20 years. Feels fine . I recently went from a commander to an officers acp and love it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 4:44:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a micro and loved it. Plan on another soon as I can.
As for C&L, gun wont go off unless the trigger is pulled.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I personally have an Ultra Compact Lightweight and I absolutley love it.  Besides my STI Trojan, it is the only 1911 that I have owned that has 100% reliable.  I know some people say that anything less than 4" in a 1911 is asking for trouble, but I would have to disagree...at least with mine anyway.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 10:52:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Wife uses the micro  as a backup deep concealment piece. She loves the weight, or lack of it I should say. Gun shoots well after it was sent back to Springfield once and to a well known gunsmith the second time. We had a problem with doubling and tripling. Sear wore exceptionally quickly within a punishment period of 300 rounds.
Problems fixed now.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 2:07:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I've looked at them myself and think they would be a gread carry pistol, one of my top choices. BUT, I myself would have to choose a 5 shot snubby. Its just too damn hot in FL for anything that don't slip in a pocket.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top