Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2012 8:42:21 AM EDT
My father in law gave me a 220 compact SAO and I really like it. Just wondering how everyone else's experiences are with them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I think mine is fine.  Not as good as a tuned 1911 (but what is??) but okay.  220 Compact SAO is a great gun.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I like my P220 SAO just fine. My biggest problem is that I like and tend to ride the thumb safety on my 1911's. When I do this on the P220, I end up holding down the slide stop. That, is the biggest problem for me. I went through trouble shooting 5 different magazines before I figured out it was my fat thumb causing the problem. Other than that, it is a great shooter. I do wish the trigger reset was a little shorter, but in practice, I don't really notice too much unless I'm shooting it next to my 1911's.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#3]
My SAO SIG is a P220 Super Match and it is a terrific pistol in accuracy and reliability, so far it's been 100% for just over 1700 rounds right out of the box and the most accurate centerfire pistol I've ever shot.

SIG's iteration of the thumb safety is excellent as well, I like the fact that you can manipulate the slide with the gun on "safe" because the safety doesn't lock the slide so you can eject a live round with the safety on.

It also has a very nice, positive, "click" when you flick it off.....the safty's detent is very secure.

The trigger isnt as good as a 1911; but it's very good.

My daily carry is a DA/SA P220 Carry Equinox, the DA first pull doesn't bother me, I shoot it often and have become accustomed to it and I like it a lot; but I like the SIG SAO even more.

If I were to buy a new carry gun, it would be a SIG Carry SAO, which has the same slide and 3.9" barrel  as the compact model but on a full size grip frame.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 220 super match also. I love it. It's beautiful, extremely accurate, and utterly reliable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top