Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2006 4:48:47 PM EDT
Does anyone know how I can tell if my Single six takes Ajax #31 or #25 grips? I'm looking for a set of birdshead for it. Prefer Stag. The frame is not a birdshead grip frame. I'd like to change out the grips for birdshead if possible.

www.ajaxgrips.com/ajax/ajax?set=11
2. The Ruger "XR3-RED (Redesigned) GRIPFRAME" was used between 1972-2004 on the Blackhawk, Vaquero, Single-Six, Old Army (and Super Blackhawks with the 4 1/2 to 6 1/2" barrel lengths). It is considered by Ruger to be the largest of the three standard gripframes and it utilizes the Ajax Style #31 grips.

3. The Ruger "NEW MODEL XR3 GRIPFRAME" now in production starting January 2005, is considered by Ruger to be the mid-size of the three standard gripframes and includes the new action locking feature. It is used on the 50th Anniversary Blackhawk (serial number prefix 520) and the New Model Vaquero (serial number prefix 510). It also fits the New Model Single Six from 2005 to present. This newest grip style utilizes the Ajax Style #25 grips.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:56:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Neither if it's the Birds head gripframe. That plastic "staglite" looks like crap anyhow.

Try this- www.inventorscolony.com/collinscraftgrips/results.php?Q=Ruger

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top