Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2002 8:35:11 PM EDT
Well I noticed every one praising there fine revolvers well my favorite carry gun is a 2" Ruger SP101 in .38 Spl.+p+ this revolver was a NYPD gun and is marked SPNY and does not say Ruger SP101 on anywere it is the gloss finish has Wolff spring kit and all action parts polished it has factory bobbed hammer and is DAO the cylinder has been funnelled for quick reloads and sports Trijicon night sights it is the perfect carry peice andIuseHJSspeedloaders and has Houge monogrip .The sweetest gun I ever had bought for $175 on auction arms I was concerned it was a police gun but after this one probobly 50 rounds shot threw it and had been carried alot..The Ruger SP101 is the FIRE.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 11:40:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Did it come with the modifications that you mentioned?  Or was that part of the NYPD's special order (if you know)?
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 12:16:18 AM EDT
[#2]
When I got it the nightsight was in it.It had the stock SP101 grip and the funnel job on the wheel and had i will say a trigger job the springs were cut down so I ordered a action spring kit from Wolff gunsprings and put the 9lb. hammer spring and the reduced power hammer spring I also replaced both detent springs from Ruger the originals were cut and didn't work as smooth as the new ones.. Also sight has 01 on it so it was manufactured in 2001 it hasn't been in there long a year or so,The gloss finish can be put on by just buffing with Flitz
The only fault I can find with this gun is it won't shoot .357 magnums but for $65 Ricky devoid can cut the cylinder to take the 125 gr. 357 bullet all heavier will hang out the wheel to far and cylinder won't close...I am thinking about selling the .38 and buying a .357 magnum
GKSP-321XL Gloss Finish Stainless 357 mag 2" barrel and bobbed hammer and adding the Houge grips and the Wolff spring kit.beretta92
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top