Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/2/2005 8:32:20 AM EDT
I would like to hear some opinions on the P345. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:24:40 AM EDT
It shoots nice, but I am not a fan of design of Ruger handguns, so I wil not get one.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:06:36 AM EDT
I own one.

I'm different than many people on arfcom it seems. I'm not a 'gun nut' or a 'gun snob'. I needed a reliable, comfortable handgun that wouldn't break the bank. I got exactly that. I bought mine brand new for $360. At that price range, I am extremely pleased with the weapon I got.

So far the pistol has been extrememly reliable, I've had 2 failures, both were failures to insert a round in the chamber. The slide was hung on the top cartridege of the magazine. Both were in the first 100 rounds and since I learned to rap the back of the magazine to ensure the rounds are seated properly, I've had no issues.

All in all, I really think that it's one hell of a bargain.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:08:29 PM EDT
Thanks for your input. I'll probably buy a P345 sometime in the future. I know Rugers reputation is great, and they stand behind their products.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:17:02 AM EDT
Those grow on me more and more. I am not a Ruger semi auto fan but the new frames make them feel like completely different pistols. The price is good too. I can not afford $$$ to be a gun snob and would not be one if I could. I have never understood why if I can hit with it and it is reliable and works for me why I should have spent $500 more. To each his own. I would say if YOU like it and are on a budget and want a .45 go for it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:40:50 AM EDT
The Ruger P-series guns have always felt "top heavy" to me. They don't feel very well balanced IMO. Does the grip design on the P345 help or hurt this?

Personally I think it is a problem with most polymer framed guns so if Ruger has managed to do something about that it would be a nice improvement.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:20:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2005 11:22:53 AM EDT by KettleOne]
I bought a P345 about three months ago. I love it. It has been reliable.

I agree that it doesn't feel as balanced as, say, a GSR or Kimber. It does feel top heavy; however, I didn't pay for it to "THE PERFECT .45". I wanted a reliable and sturdy .45 for under $400. I feel I got my money's worth. In fact, the only balanced .45 I have held was a 1911 and I just don't like 1911's that much.

Perhaps one day, I will get a Kimber or SIG, but for now, the P345 is a solid gun for the money.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:02:39 PM EDT
I wish the P345 would have come out sooner. I would have bought it
instead of my P97. I like the grip better on the P345. The Hogue sleeve
works good though.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:45:11 PM EDT
Ruger hit the ball out of the park with this one. If you can find a better hand gun for the money, buy it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:33:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TonyW:
The Ruger P-series guns have always felt "top heavy" to me. They don't feel very well balanced IMO. Does the grip design on the P345 help or hurt this?

Personally I think it is a problem with most polymer framed guns so if Ruger has managed to do something about that it would be a nice improvement.

Tony I am in the same boat as you but man this does not feel anything like the other Rugers to me. I just looked at one yesterday and it is sweet. It might not be perfect when it comes to balance but it felt good and nothing like the previous models. I just might end up with one.
Top Top