Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2009 3:39:41 PM EST
So I was trying to put this Ruger Mk I pistol back together. As I was trying to get the hammer strut to engage with the mainspring housing I somehow managed to cock the pistol. Now the housing is jammed and protruding slightly.

This same thing happened about two weeks ago and I took it to the gunsmith. He took it in the back and pounded on it, somehow freeing it. I don't know how he did that, but I know he used a hammer.

Help!
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:27:21 PM EST
i had that happen too.

but i cant remember what i did.

you can try to dry fire the gun and see what happens.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:03:36 PM EST
A friend of mine did virtually the same thing.He called Ruger and they said he'd have to send it back because they had "special tools" to uncock the hammer.Might be a big line of BS,I don't know.But I'm pretty sure they wont tell you to pound the hell out of it with a hammer.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:31:17 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 5:31:54 AM EST by Squid1]
More than likely the hammer strut is stuck on the side of teh cup thingy it fits into.. Play with it. I did this before. try dry firing it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:55:41 AM EST
Try pointing the gun downward and either hitting the muzzle end on a block of wood or striking the rear of the pistol while squeezing the trigger. That should move the hammer forward.

Also, check here for more troubleshooting help.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:10:18 PM EST
Originally Posted By DanaHillen:
A friend of mine did virtually the same thing.He called Ruger and they said he'd have to send it back because they had "special tools" to uncock the hammer.Might be a big line of BS,I don't know.But I'm pretty sure they wont tell you to pound the hell out of it with a hammer.

Good luck!

Thats how i get my top of my Mk3 22/45 beating if off with a hammer that's what they say what a joke to take a gun apart.
Top Top