Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 10:38:30 AM EDT
I know this has probably been covered before, but are there any tricks to field striping this gun, it has to be one of the toughest I've encountered.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:31:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Once you figure out what's going on, it's not hard at all. I assume you're having a reassembly problem.

Removing the reciever (barrel assembly) from the frame is kind of counterintuitive; you have to literally (on my gun) strike the rear of the pistol with your hand to get it to pop loose. To reassemble, insert the bolt assembly into the reciever. Now look at it from underneath--see the slot in the bolt? That's where the hammer has to go when you put the reciever back onto the frame. Once you have the hammer lined up, line up the attachment lug in the front. Push down and back, and it'll slide together--remember, it only slides a fraction of an inch to be mated. Once you've got those two together, with the hammer in the right place, the bolt will move freely. With the bolt closed all the way, insert that little hinged post on the mainspring housing up through the hole in the back of the gun. Now, the trick is to get the little dangling piece of metal up in there, which is attached to the hammer, to hit the right spot on the mainspring housing. Before you put the reciever on the frame, it might help you to look at the hammer and see what I'm talking about. You have to hold the gun vertical and shake it around a little. Try swinging the mainspring housing into place. When you feel a little bit of spring tension, right before it swings closed all the way, you've got it. Then just lock er down.

It is only hard the first couple times, then it's nothing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.  I'm having trouble with the mainspring more than anything else, I've reassembled the gun and it works fine, I'm just a bit reluctant to do a good cleaning with the bolt out after prior experience putting the mainspring back in.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:51:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thank you.  I'm having trouble with the mainspring more than anything else, I've reassembled the gun and it works fine, I'm just a bit reluctant to do a good cleaning with the bolt out after prior experience putting the mainspring back in.

You're not alone Myakkavice.  My first time reassembling mine was a b*tch to say the least.  The more times you do it, the easier it'll get.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top