Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2006 4:31:25 AM EDT
I have a Ruger SP-101 and want to have a local smith replace the current hammer with a spurless one.  Does anyone know where I can order one or is this something that the smith has to order for me?  Sorry for the newbie type question, I've not had much work done to my guns in the past.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:45:03 AM EDT
[#1]
You can try and order one directly from Ruger or have your local 'smith cut the spur off your current hammer.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:47:25 AM EDT
[#2]

SHOOTER'S PAK - Reduced Power .
This pak contains 1 each 9, 10 and 12 pound reduced power hammer springs for Ruger SP-101 series revolvers and 1 each 8 pound trigger return spring allowing adjustment for lighter and smoother trigger and hammer action. Note: factory trigger return spring is 10 pounds.
Stock No. 17113.....$ 9.79  click
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Ruger restricts sales of the hammers to factory installation ONLY.

Fortunately, Ruger will sell and install a new spurless hammer at a very reasonable price, AND will get it RIGHT.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#4]
another revolver noob here, why do you want your spur removed you dont ever shoot it single action?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#5]
With the hammer spur off, the chances of the gun getting fouled in your clothes is greatly reduced.

Since most snubby revolvers are used at short range, and often need to be used FAST, you won't be shooting it single action anyway.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:56:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Minator, dfaris hit it right on the head.  I intend to carry my SP 101 sometimes and wanted to reduce the chances of it getting caught on my shirt or other clothing if I'm in a hurry.  And I don't see much chance of using single action in a defensive situation.  

Thanks to everyone for their responses.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top