Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/10/2006 4:15:44 PM EDT
I took my fiancee to the range today and had her try out some pistols. Long story short she is a bad flincher, when it comes to anticipating the recoil. Soulution to the problem is to get a .22 pistol. There is a Ruger 22/45 with a 5'' stainless bull barrel and the composite frame, at the gun range. She has a small hand but the Ruger fits well in her hand. It is for sale for $275, is that a good deal?

I have not owned a .22 pistol and I like the weapon, and have shot many Ruger Mark IIs.

If your interested in the pistols that I had her try out here is the list:

S&W airlight .38 (rental) with one of those crimson trace grips. She liked it, the grip fit her well, but it was a little snappy for her. Regardless she liked it the most.

Walther PPK/S .380 (rental) -- She did not like it but shot ok with it.

Glock 17 (mine) She liked shooting it, but the grip is to big for her.

Wilson Combat CQB (mine, and my personal favorite) To much gun for her at this time. (I had to appologize to my gun for letting her be shot so poorly.)
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:20:29 PM EDT
the price really isn't too good i don't think. i bought my mkiii with a 4" tapered barrel for $260 out the door at a gun show a month ago. the 4" bull mkiii 22/45 would have been the same price but i don't like the 22/45 grip. is the 22/45 you saw a mkii or a mkiii? i like the mkiii but some people don't--to each their own.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:13:19 PM EDT
That price seems a little high. If you watch the auction site you can likely save $25 - $50. That being said, if the pistol is lightly used and you can see it and hold it, then the slight premium might be worth it.

Before you decide on the 22/45 you should also try a Browning buckmark. I have had Ruger 22/45's for years and really liked their ergonomics. At least until a month ago, when I got a buckmark. The buckmark is a better gun in my opinion. Try one before you buy.

steve
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:40:20 AM EDT
I bought a stainless 22/45 that was pratically brand new for $250. Guy said he wanted to buy a rifle. Maybe not the best price, but I bought it from an individual, no records
Top Top