Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2006 10:04:34 AM EDT
I just got a 5 1/2" bbled Ruger 22/45 and need to find a good holster for field carry. Any recommendations? I would prefer nylon to leather, but will look at all options.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:54:42 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have optics mounted on it, red dot or other, I would recommend a bandolier holster, I purchased mine at cabela's. Can be worn on the belt on either side or slung across your shoulder. And holds your firearm securely with a strap or the optional included flap. I am happy with mine. I think they also have them for unscoped pistols.
Made of durable nylon.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod-wrapped.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20712-cat601050_TGP&rid=&indexId=cat601050&navAction=push&masterpathid=&navCount=1&parentType=index&parentId=cat601050&id=0023391
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:27:48 AM EDT
[#2]
For my 5 1/2" MKII I prefer a full flap holster for field carry. I have a older Uncle Mike's nylon one that I carry for small game hunting (during down time while elk hunting).  I like it as long as it is matched up with a belt that is equal in width to the loop on the back of the holster (if you have a favorite hunting belt that is narrower, then have the loop sewed up narrower). I wear it butt foward on my left side ((I am right handed)so as to not bang on the stock of my rifle).  That is my personal preferance anyway. YMMV.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top