Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 8:31:07 PM EDT
That roll pin on top of the slide, the one that sits about 2" from the rear of the slide and in-line with the front sight...is it supposed be flush with the surface of the slide? Ive noticed that it pops up more and more when i rack the slide. sometimes it is almost obstructing the view of the front sight
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:40:52 PM EDT
[#1]
should be flush and pic posted cause I'm bored
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]
hmm, I'll keep an eye on it, havent even shot this thing yet and don't need that pin running away
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#3]
When I reassemble an XD slide I have worked on or just refinished I always spread the lips of the roll pin at the top half. And when installing them I will tap them allmost into place then take a small punch that fits in the hole of the roll pin. The tap the rollpin the last mm into place and just under being flush. The punch fits into the hole and as it taps the pin into place it spreads the pin out against the slides walls.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top