Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2005 6:44:06 AM EDT
How do RRA 1911's compare with say Wilson Combat 1911's in reguards to function?  I heard some high end high accuracy 1911's tend to be fincky about different ammo and magazine selections.  Are RRA's plagued with any of these problems?  Lastly, does RRA use carbon steel for the frames and slides?  I have my eye on one that is parkerized.  I like the park and would probably keep it that way, but if I were to want a high luster blue sometime down the road, could it be done?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:04:47 AM EDT
[#1]
IMO one of the best deals going for a quality 1911 is the ADCO/RRA available from ADCO Firearms. I own two and they are both top notch 1911s at a very reasonable price. They compare very favorably with the current Wilson CQBs being produced, at a significant savings.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IMO one of the best deals going for a quality 1911 is the ADCO/RRA available from ADCO Firearms. I own two and they are both top notch 1911s at a very reasonable price. They compare very favorably with the current Wilson CQBs being produced, at a significant savings.

+1

Great minds think alike. It "seems" you and I are allways +1ing each other when it comes to 1911s. You obviously know your firearms. If you knew me you'd know that I don't give compliments easily.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Great minds think alike. It "seems" you and I are allways +1ing each other when it comes to 1911s. You obviously know your firearms. If you knew me you'd know that I don't give compliments easily.

Thanks guy for the plug on my model
The next batch should be here within the month.   This will be the LAST batch offered, so if you were thinkning about getting one, this will be your last opportunity.  

Steve, I shot the shit out of both of them. I mean 1000 rounds at a time of AE 230gr. FMJ with just a boresnake at times.  Not a SINGLE failure of any kind. The frame to slide fit feels like it's riding on greased ball bearings. Not to mention accurate as can be. Excellent idea in putting this together with RRA. My compliments and thanks!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The next batch should be here within the month.   This will be the LAST batch offered, so if you were thinkning about getting one, this will be your last opportunity.  

What do you mean last batch?  Are you going to quit offering them or just going to be on a one off custom basis after this?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:41:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What do you mean last batch?  Are you going to quit offering them or just going to be on a one off custom basis after this?

If I can speak for Steve. He orders these to his specs about 3-5 at a time. As I understand it this will be the last of the ADCO/RRA 1911s offered. If you want one I suggest you IM him as these will go quickly as they have in the past.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys, email sent  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like I am outta luck.  I just bought an Ed Brown Kobra Carry and it will be a couple of months until I pay it off.  By then, the ADCO RRAs will probably be all gone.  Oh well, I might just have to order a RRA Bobtail Comando direct...

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:39:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I just received my RRA Limited Match this past Wednesday and am more than thrilled with it.  It's very accurate, the slide to frame fit is perfect, and the blueing is the most lustrous I've seen.  I think that it's likely the best value in custom 1911's.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:09:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Looks like I am outta luck.  I just bought an Ed Brown Kobra Carry and it will be a couple of months until I pay it off.  By then, the ADCO RRAs will probably be all gone.  Oh well, I might just have to order a RRA Bobtail Comando direct...

sincitypitbulls.freeservers.com/Kobra_L.JPG

I know those are VZ bobtail grips (well I think).  What material are they and is there a specific texture you requested?  Those look like they would feel just right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top