Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2003 2:31:25 PM EDT
Well, it did ok. I had 3 light primer strikes with PMC 230 gr ball. No light primer strikes with Federal 230 gr ball (white box). Other than those, 0 problems. I was using 7 round Chip McCormick mags that I got with the handgun.

So... any of you 1911 gurus suggest I change the firing pin and some springs, or just avoid buying PMC ammo? This was just a function test basically. I ordered new sights for it and will do some more extensive testing in the future.

25 feet

10 meters

Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:10:59 PM EDT
I get terrible accuracy using PMC ammo, so I would just avoid it altogether personally.  If you start experiencing probs using other ammo I'd replace the springs in the gun before anything else, mainly because they are cheap.

BTW, were the PMC primers brass colored or silver?

About time you function test that thing!  
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:24:53 AM EDT
Will the RIA 1911C accept standard 1911 magazines?  I understand that they will extend past the grip, but will they work?  I'm looking for compatibility between my Colt Commander and that 1911C.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:28:15 PM EDT
I can't say for sure since I have no full size mags to try, but I do believe they will. Same concept as the 15 round mags I'd imagine.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:05:16 PM EDT
What grips are those?  Do you know a supplier?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:41:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By kilowhiskey:
What grips are those?  Do you know a supplier?

They are Hogue. Try Wholesale Hunter. Under rubber auto grips, I believe they are the HOGU43000 model. Any Colt officer's size grips should work. Or, send me an address and you can have these ones if you don't mind slightly worn grips. I'm going to put the wood ones back on it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:24:16 AM EDT
Thanks, I appreciate the offer.  I'm not sure if I'm going to get the compact model though.  I want to be able to use the same magazines for my Colt Commander.  I'll find out soon though.

You should leave the rubber grips on.  It looks really good.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:39:45 AM EDT
that looks to be the same size as my SA ultra compact.

I use full size mags in it all time. They extend about a 1/2" or so from the bottom of the grip. I also have the hogue grips. On a small 1911 they are a must have.

mike
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 2:13:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
that looks to be the same size as my SA ultra compact.

I use full size mags in it all time. They extend about a 1/2" or so from the bottom of the grip. I also have the hogue grips. On a small 1911 they are a must have.

mike

I do like having finger grooves on the short grip, but I like the look of the wood better. I am thinking of getting the Pierce (I think) finger groove slip under to add. I don't know if they make any for compact models, but I wonder if they are made in a way that I could just punch some holes and do some trimming to make a commander sized one fit.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:01:05 AM EDT
I'd like to know if the thing starts falling apart by 1,000 rounds.  Those look nice, but I am suspicious of them.
Top Top