Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 5:17:46 AM EDT
I am the proud owner of a US Army issue Remington Rand 1911. It was my father's duty weapon while serving in the 101st. I have 2 magazines and a matching leather holster. As far as I can tell the gun is all orginal and has corresponding serial numbers on the holster.

I am in the process of insuring my collection and need some help on determing a value for this piece. I would say it is a 8.5 out of 10. There is no visible where on the frame and no rust or major dings.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:23:51 AM EDT
[#1]
What is the first 4 digits of the serial number, and just put in XXXs' for the remainder/
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:27:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks

The first four are 1898XXX
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:34:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Market value about $1500 is original.  But true value is much, much higher.  Buy a good gun safe to protect it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:37:44 AM EDT
[#5]
local high price retailer had a nice looking one.....about 6 months back...asking price from them was 850.....gun only...and how original???........so 1500 doesn`t sound outrageous....possibly more.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top