Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 9/5/2004 10:28:36 AM EDT

My MK9 (which is off for repairs) has always been picky about hollow points.  When I have eyeballed the hollow points against ball ammo the hollow points are just a tad longer.  I tried some of this bulk pack ammo (jacketed hollowpoint) and the gun had no malfunctions.

OK, great , but does any body have any info on bullet expansion, or any numbers for velocity (other than the compaines info on velocity?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:45:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't used it but if you're in the Phx area and want to borrow my shooting Chrony to check the velocity yourself, I'll dig it out and lend it to yah.....
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#2]

That is a very generous offer!  Yes, I am in Phx. -  about 15 min from Ben Avery Range.  Right now the gun is in limbo, the slide cracked; they sent me a replacement but it does not seat onto the rails of the frame.  I have to send the whole thing back and wait.  Would love to check the velocity of this bulk stuff in my Kahr with your help.  I try to respond back when I get everything squared away.  Again, thanks for the offer.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#3]
how many rounds did you have through it before the slide cracked?  What type of ammo do you shoot out of it?  and where did it crack?  thanks
Lithgow303

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:16:26 PM EDT
[#4]
More than welcome.  I live near Dixileta and Scottsdale; gimme a holler when you get the gun back; email is [email protected].  Hope your problems are not typical; I carry a MK 9 and use a P9 as my backpacking backup.  No problems at all with mine so far, roughly 2K rounds through the MK9 and about 800 through the P9.  Ooops...I lied...did have to replace the mag catch on the P9; was using ProMag after market mag that has a blunt, barely rounded "camming" edge and it just sheared the little bitty metal part out of the P9 catch.  No problem w/Kahr mags, tho.  gm
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#5]

approx 4000 rounds of ammo through the gun.
 it cracked at the front of the slide - between the openings for the barrel and the spring mechanism. it was not yet a through and through break.
 the VAST majority of the ammo was plain 9mm ball ammo. (Winchester white box, CCI Blazer, UMC/Remington - not sure how that broke down in numbers) Maybe 100 or so rounds of +P Corbon; maybe 2 hundred rounds of other plus P ammo; and about 300 rounds of  regular 9 mm hollow points.   The above is my best "guesstimate".
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:17:19 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the info!
lithgow303
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top