Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2003 2:39:45 PM EDT
Hey all,
After many years in the land of polymer, I returned to my 1911 roots and picked up a SA mil-spec ultra compact last week.

Took it out to the range for the first time today. The weapon functioned flawlessly, except I got failure to feeds on the last round in the mag most of the time, and the slide didn't lock back after the last round most of the time. This appears to be a mag failure rather than a weapon failure, right?

Can anyone give me some guidance in a quality after market mag for  this weapon? Will Colt officers mags fit flush?

Tahnks for any advice you can offer.

Tom
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:52:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I just sent you a PM
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen a ton of complaints about SA mags over on 1911.com - personally, I just replaced the ones that came with my Micro-Compact with McCormick 7-rounders. They work and they give me an extra round. My SA 6-rounders are now "range-only" mags.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Snag a few Wilson Combat 7rd mags.. they'll stick out a tad but not much.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a related question, so I'll post it in this thread.

I'm going to get a springfield compact (4" bbl, 6-round grip) somewhat soon, and I was wondering about mags for it.

what are the most reliable?  which have the most capacity that fit flush, or darn near flush?  mccormick (sp?) mags?  wilson?  SA factory?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Wilson mags won't fit flush but you do get another round and they are THE BEST 1911 mags.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I like Mec-Gar mags...never had a problem with them in my Springfield V-12 ported!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top