Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 9:56:16 PM EST
HI!

Does anybody know of a business that can refinish (flat/matt black) the slide of my duty carry HK USP Compact pistol without covering up/destoying the light/fine (laser??) factory proofs/markings? Also, it would be nice if they can remove a minor "ding" in the rear top area of the slide?

Since I'm going all the way, how about fixing another minor "ding" in the "poly" frame in the upper rear area next to the hammer without covering up the factory markings?

I love that pistol, but I'm thinking about "retiring" it to the gunsafe and with luck, pass it down to one of my kids....That's why I want to "cherry" it out again!!

Thank for the help and for looking!!

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:26:49 PM EST
You may want to check Robar out. I know they have a couple of very good finishing techniques and coatings. As well as surface / refinishing they also do plastic work on Glock / Plastic Handguns to reshape and re-form the grips. I would think they most probably could do any sort of plastic fix.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:26:21 PM EST
Thanks!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:50:10 AM EST
Kinda OT, but don't forget, most carriers require that pistols ship overnight. I'd guess that would cost an arm and a leg from AK to the conUS, and of course, both ways. So you may want to forget about the plastic work to the frame if you need to ship very far - otherwise, it could very possibly be cheaper to sell the gun and buy a new one.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:09:09 AM EST
Best to send it back to H&K for replacement. Robar does indeed do wonderful work on refinishing bt fixing gouges in slides & frames should best be done by the H&K factory, IMO.

My .o2
Top Top