Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 2/24/2006 5:56:23 AM EDT
I am buying a Kahr PM9 to use primarily as a back up to my GLOCK 19. When carried as a BUG, it will be carried in a pocket or on my ankle. I have an Uncle Mike's pocket holster, and I will also be getting a Threat Solutions UCR for when I need to carry the PM9 as a lower profile primary weapon to wear with a suit.

I would like some reccomendations on an ankle holster from some who have used them. I would prefer not to get a leather holster, as they seem to get uncomfortable faster than synthetics when worn on the ankle.

I also plan to use the PM9 as a primary gun for jogging and going to the gym. What would be some good options for carrying the Kahr in work out clothes? Are belly bands the best or should I look at other designs?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the Desantis Nemisis for pocket carry.  The only problem is it doesnt hold a spare mag.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Galco ankle glove is very nice.

Has a thick neoprene wetsuit material w/ heavy duty velcro for the band and a fur liner.  Very comfortable and holds the weapon tight against the leg.

I own one for a Sig 232 and it works well even for that big gun.  I imagine a PM9 would disappear in one.  I carry my PM9 in a Mitch Rosen clipper IWB.  Have the Desanti Mag-Packer pocket mag holder for the spare.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/Default.htm

I use both their pocket hoster and the clip-on holster with my PM9. BSW
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/Default.htm

I use both their pocket hoster and the clip-on holster with my PM9. BSW

+1 on FIST Holsters

I use them exclusively for my carry guns. I have their sewn Kydex Model K1 IWB holster for my Kahr K9, MK9, Keltec P32, and CZ75B.

I've used their Model K5 pocket holster with the Keltec P32 and liked it immensely, but found IWB more comfortable.

Either would fit your needs.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:46:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I carry mine in a Comp-Tac C-TAC IWB holster. Works great for me. I wear it daily.

I sometimes pocket carry in the already mentioned DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster, on those rare occasions when it is not in the C-TAC.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:39:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a PM9 and carry daily in a business attire workforce. I use the Blade tech IWB ultimate concealment holster. It is very thin and comfortable and has held up very well for me over the years.

http://www.odspec.com/holsters/BTIWB.html

I have the link from where I bought it above.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:42:56 AM EDT
[#7]
For a pocket holster, nothing beats Hedley.  The problem is finding one.  I just sold one on the equipment exchange.  You just need to keep your eyes peeled.  In the meantime, get an Uncle Mike's or Galco ankle glove/holster.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:04:26 AM EDT
[#8]
My personal favorite is an Alessi Talon (+) followed in a close second by the Mitch Rosen Clipper when carrying my k9 Elite '03.

Eric Howland
Savannah, GA.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top