Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2009 7:10:01 AM EDT
I wear dress khaki's and carry at work.  I had been using a CTAC, but recently changed my carry piece to a P2000sk in a BladeTech UCH holster.  With the design of the UCH, I now understand why people spend the coinage on a good gun/carry belt.  My current leather dress belt is not cutting it.  Would the hive be willing to offer me their thoughts and experiences?  I need something that is somewhat dressy or at least does not look the part.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:13:50 AM EDT
[#1]
thebeltman.net

Everything from bull hide to elephant to shark.  You can get as dressy as you need and not worry about the belt doing its' job.  it's the only belt I have worn for years.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a CompTac Kydex reinforced belt, its 1/2 inch wide,and had been a very good belt.  I wear it every day (teacher, w/o gun) and no one takes notice. It looks just like any other belt except it is a little thicker.  
When I carry a gun it is normally a defender or a DW CBOB, the reinforced belt makes a huge difference,  used to just use a plain belt and I was constantly pulling up my pants, and in general it was very uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#3]
The 1 1/2" CompTac Kydex reinforced belt it the most comfortable and solid gun belt I've owned in 40 years but to be honest, it isn't  dressy.

If you need a dressier gun belt you'd probably be better off with a Milt Sparks.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll also plug the Comp-Tac Kydex reinforced belt. I've got the black no-taper model and love it. If you go for a tapered model, it will make it look even dressier––I wish I had. My dad just got a black one with a taper from 1.5" down to 1.0". It looks very dressy and not like a "gun belt" at all.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'll also plug the Comp-Tac Kydex reinforced belt. I've got the black no-taper model and love it. If you go for a tapered model, it will make it look even dressier––I wish I had. My dad just got a black one with a taper from 1.5" down to 1.0". It looks very dressy and not like a "gun belt" at all.

Thanks; I didn't know that I have an obviously incorrect bias against tapered belts.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
thebeltman.net

Everything from bull hide to elephant to shark.  You can get as dressy as you need and not worry about the belt doing its' job.  it's the only belt I have worn for years.

+1
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 12:52:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Don Hume makes a hell of a good lined gunbelt,$50
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 1:02:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I like my Liger belt - though it's more "business casual"...

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 1:26:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks; I didn't know that I have an obviously incorrect bias against tapered belts.

I didn't like them at all either and wouldn't even consider it when I ordered mine. When my father got his and I got to looking at it, my mind was changed.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:18:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I just got my Instructor belt from Wilderness Tactical with added CSM polymer.  This is the stiffest belt I have ever had.  It holds up my 1911 and two mags with no trouble.  I definitely recommend them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:18:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quadruple tap.  I hate gov computers.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:19:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:19:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:30:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I just got my Instructor belt from Wilderness Tactical with added CSM polymer.  This is the stiffest belt I have ever had.  It holds up my 1911 and two mags with no trouble.  I definitely recommend them.

The Wilderness Instructor's belt is a great belt, but it doesn't have that dressy, wear-with-khakis look that would fit in a office environment. I think you've got to go leather for that.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Crossbreed's belt is awesome and reasonably priced.  

I love mine.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:06:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top