+p
+p+
plinking ammo
or do sigs normally digest anything?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#1]
In my plain jane P226 9mm, I use ....

Defensive/Carry round ... Corbon 115gr +p JHP
Practice ... Winchester White Box 115gr ball (aka 100 round value packs from Wallyworld)

ETA: Sig doesn't reccomend +P+ or Military Surplus ammo ... this from their website

What types of ammunition can I use in my SIG guns?
Any factory ammunition that is SAAMI approved is suitable for use (Standard and +P). Reloads, +P+, and military surplus ammunition are not recommended.

What is SAAMI-approved ammunition?
SIGARMS recommends SAAMI-approved ammunition. See the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute Web site (http://www.saami.org). Since 1926 SAAMI has been the principle organization in the United States actively engaged in the development and promulgation of product standards for firearms and ammunition. The U.S. military, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and many other state and local agencies frequently require that their suppliers manufacture to SAAMI specifications. SAAMI is the only trade association whose member companies manufacture and set standards for high-performance law enforcement ammunition.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#2]
This with sealed primers to put away for those "rainy" (NOLA SHTF type) days.  Get it while you can:

www.ammoman.com/index.htm

2003 PRODUCTION AND NATO HEADSTAMP

UNITED STATES MILITARY AMMO
U.S.G.I. 9MM 124 GRAIN.
PACKED IN BRAND NEW MILITARY AMMO CANS
50 ROUNDS PER BOX
1000 ROUNDS PER CAN
BRAND NEW AMMO
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#3]
The speer ammo you were using would be just fine.  I haven't found a round that my 229 doesn't like yet.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:39:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
In my plain jane P226 9mm, I use ....

Defensive/Carry round ... Corbon 115gr +p JHP
Practice ... Winchester White Box 115gr ball (aka 100 round value packs from Wallyworld)

ETA: Sig doesn't reccomend +P+ or Military Surplus ammo ... this from their website

What types of ammunition can I use in my SIG guns?
Any factory ammunition that is SAAMI approved is suitable for use (Standard and +P). Reloads, +P+, and military surplus ammunition are not recommended.

What is SAAMI-approved ammunition?
SIGARMS recommends SAAMI-approved ammunition. See the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute Web site (http://www.saami.org). Since 1926 SAAMI has been the principle organization in the United States actively engaged in the development and promulgation of product standards for firearms and ammunition. The U.S. military, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and many other state and local agencies frequently require that their suppliers manufacture to SAAMI specifications. SAAMI is the only trade association whose member companies manufacture and set standards for high-performance law enforcement ammunition.

Should bought a Glock.  You can fire everything INCLUDING +P+  Military Surplus.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#6]
i own a glock 23
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd be willing to state that Sig doesn't recommend +p+ for some lawyer related reason.  Remember, the military uses P228's and P226's.  I doubt you could cause harm to a Sig shooting +p+ out of it, unless you were talking tens of thousands of rounds of it.  Maybe replace the recoil spring every 3k instead of every 5k if you shoot a lot of +p+.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Many recommended loads to choose from.  My 9s are loaded with RA9T.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:07:27 AM EDT
[#9]
For Self Defense, Ranger or Gold Dots.
For practice, Winchester White Box (WWB) 115gr value pack for about $11 at WW.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#10]
For carry I use Winchester Ranger RA9TA, 127gr.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top