Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2005 6:04:15 PM EDT
Just wondering what cartridge the 7.62x25 would compare to in recoil

Jerad

Which gun would you consider to be a better all around gun, the Bulgarian Makarov or the CZ52? Reliability, Safety, and accuracy?
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 6:08:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I can only give an opinion based on firing it out of a CZ-52.  I would imagine that in different firearms it would have a different felt recoil.  With that being said, when fired out of a CZ-52 it has the similar stout punch of a .357 sig.

Link Posted: 1/1/2005 10:43:01 PM EDT
[#2]
opps miss read sorry
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 10:47:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I didnt find it that bad.

The Makarov is nice too though, they have alot of snap in their recoil.

What are you using it for?
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 4:41:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Which gun would you consider to be a better all around gun, the Bulgarian Makarov or the CZ52? Reliability, Safety, and accuracy?

Reliability >  If you replace the firing pin in the CZ52 to a stronger aftermarket pin then they are equal.

Safety >  Makarov hands down.  It has a decock, firing pin block, and can fire on DA or SA whereas the CZ is SA only on the first shot and has no decock or firing pin block.

Accuracy >  I would say that they are pretty similar, but I tend to shoot my Mak better.

If you are looking for velocity.  CZ all the way.  1600 fps!!!

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:18:19 PM EDT
[#5]
The CZ52 does have the de-cock feature.  It is my understanding though that it doesn't work on many of the guns.

I bought an "unissued" CZ52 and it works flawlessly.  The gun is very accurate with no objectionable recoil but the sights are crappy for tactical or CCW use.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:06:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The CZ52 does have the de-cock feature.  It is my understanding though that it doesn't work on many of the guns.

Really, well now I'm hacked off.  Mine is in excellent condition, but does not work.  When you engage the safety the hammer stays back.

You lucky bastard!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:18:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really, well now I'm hacked off.  Mine is in excellent condition, but does not work.  When you engage the safety the hammer stays back.

You lucky bastard!!

Try the safety again and push a little harder this time. I have several CZ's and the decock works on all of them. However, I have seen comments of the decocker not being safe to use.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:31:06 AM EDT
[#8]
The recoil in my CZ-52 is a little peppy (more than 9mm or .45, maybe like .357 in a heavy revolver), but completely manageable.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:44:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Try the safety again and push a little harder this time. I have several CZ's and the decock works on all of them. However, I have seen comments of the decocker not being safe to use.

Ah-ha.  It does work.  You learn something new everyday.  Thanks!

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:23:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Recoil like a .357, but with a fireball similiar to a PPSH!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:25:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I didn't think it was that bad.  More like a 9mm +P's recoil.

+1

Photo op!

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:53:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Photo op!

Good idea!  Here's mine:

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#14]
CZ52 has the grip ergonomics of a 2x4 stud. However I do like mine though I would choose something else for carrying. Recoil is sharp but managable. I have fired a mak before but I can't remember too much about it. I do carry a FEG PA63 (Think alloy framed Makarov). It also has a sharp recoil but is managable. Between the two I would say the Mak for carrying and the CZ for heavier work.

Oh, Accuracy goes to the CZ
Reliability is about the same, very good for both.
Ergonomics ain't great for either.
Fun quotient, split on this one. Shooting an accurate little gun and pretending to be James Bond goes to the Mak, fireballs and big booms go to the CZ.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top