Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2005 9:45:32 PM EDT
I am preparing to buy a rear sight tool for the glock pistols.  Obviously the factory models are an option.  I am also looking at  the MGW, PI Inc, and the one offered by Glockmeister.  I was wondering which ones any one has used.  Any recommendations would be helpful.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I had both Glock sight tools, sold them for an adjustable tool, may have been the Glockmeister one. Seems like every time I got around shooting buddies or gun shows, somebody needed a set of sights pressed on or off. The Glock tools work on Glocks only, may on others with a prayer. Go with the adjustable.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:15:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I have both the Glock sight tools(large frame & small frame) and the MGW. I use the MGW way more then the factory tools. I had a chance to buy the one from Glockmeister but opted out after reading some not so favorable post about them on another forum.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:39:46 AM EDT
[#3]
MGW it is.  Thanks alot guys!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:16:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the Glockmiester tool.  Glockmiester had a deal were I got the sights at a decent discount if I bought the tool (which I wanted), so I did.

My only complaint, is that the front sight tool came badly damaged.  I contacted Glockmiester and asked them to replace it.  They said that I should mail it to them and they'd "check into it?"  Their tone and response, made it sound like it was going to be a huge battle to replace the simple tool.  Since I had other nut-drivers that worked just fine, I opted to just not send the damaged one in.  

The rear sight tool has served me very well though!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#5]
The MGW tool is great. Remember though it now comes in two flavors. One for slope sided sites such as Meprolights, and Trijicons, the other for straight wall sites such as Heinies, Ghost Ring sites, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top