Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2003 2:22:05 PM EDT
I have had one since 1986 or 87 and pulled it out of the gun safe on Sunday.  

I had to unload the magazine and free up the follower since it has been loaded since the last time a shot it in 1990.  I reloaded it and shot around 50 rounds of FMJ & H/P through it at ASC.

Guess what, it worked w/o a FTF or FTE. All rounds hit center mass at 7 yards.  Freakin' fun little pop-gun to shoot.  The snickers and smile stopped once it started shooting and hitting the center of the target:)

Amazing pistol for $55.00!  

Link Posted: 7/28/2003 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Forget the chrome-plated Raven.  If you want to talk BLING! BLING!, you need one of the gold-plated (from the factory, mind you) Anniversary Edition Lorcin .380 Automatics that were made a few years ago.  

[Ron Popeil voice]  Yes, you too can own a factory-gold-plated commemorative edition of the pistol that has been found at more crime scenes than any other handgun!!!  [/Ron Popeil voice]
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#2]
One question about the LORCIN, does it work?  The Raven was as reliable as any Beretta or other small handgun tested by Handgun  Test in the early 80s!  The little gun really works like a charm.

That Lorcin though.  WTF is that?
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 4:25:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a chrome .25ACP in the garage that someone gave me.  I con't know the manufacturer, but It has the pink handles.

It's the biggest piece of junk ever, how could somebody put such trash on the market?
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#4]
WERD!!!  Now youz OLD School yo!  Strap on yo Adidas, sportin' yo magic 8-ball jacket and cruise da' hood.  Dats Dope.

It appears that they made one functional pistol and you own it.  Have fun.

Rich
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Funny thing about the RAVEN is that the ONLY magazine that actually bought their test firearms over the counter, Handgun Test Magazine,  instead of getting them from the manufacturer had better results w/ these than the S&W 59 & 39, Llama's and many other high dollar pistols for every year the magazine was printed.  In the tests, the damned thing ate FMJ & HP all day w/o problems.  The only problem occurred when they dry fired it.  The firing pin would tend to break.

Go figure, the damned thing works like a clock.  Maybe I need to get a Beretta .25acp for more fun & games.

Anyone else ever own one of these?  Hell, I am probably the only AR owner that would admit having a SNS in his gunsafe.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:43:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a cute little Galesi .25 that is right on center, goes bang every time,  and is easy to shoot.
Perfect FELON Repellant.
Lebrew  
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:16:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Ravens, having been around awhile had a reputation for actually working.
Being a .25 rather than a .22 helps too.
Given the fact that a .25 "stacks" better in the mag than a .22 and has no exposed lead bullet to bend or deform and being a centerfire all contribute to being more reliable. (you knew that)
Time for me to fess up...I have a Jennings J-22 in the safe. My kids like it better than everything else I own so I keep it.
I miss that "original" Handgun Test magazine...I still have some in the library.  (I liked when they said the LES Rojak 9MM "needed some stoning" and the tester stood there with a big rock over it!)
They gave a rave review of the J-22...back then.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
One question about the LORCIN, does it work?  The Raven was as reliable as any Beretta or other small handgun tested by Handgun  Test in the early 80s!  The little gun really works like a charm.

That Lorcin though.  WTF is that?

I've never fired one, so I can't say.  My impression always was that they were crap - but that might have been based upon looks and price alone.  Like your Raven, they may work fine.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 10:07:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
...Time for me to fess up...I have a Jennings J-22 in the safe. My kids like it better than everything else I own so I keep it...

This will make you cry, but I remember a few years ago Jennings ran a promotion for the dealers who ordered from them directly:  For every two (or three, can't remember for sure?) of their "larger" pistols (.380, 9mm) you bought, you could add a J-22 to your order for $10.  I remember commenting to my wife that the raw materials & packaging had to cost more than $10!  I wonder how many people bought those $10 J-22s for $50-60 and marveled at the "cheap" price?
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I am surprised that someone on this board remembers the old Handgun test magazine.  That was the best publication EVER!  Loved reading them when I was a kid!
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I have 2 Raven pistols, and my buddy has one.

He shoots it at the AR-15 gatherings at Ottawa, IL.

Makes everybody laugh, but the fricking thing works.

Av.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 2:03:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I too have had a Raven since around '87.  It was the first handgun I owned and it still functions without a problem.  

I've been teaching my oldest daughter how to shoot with it and she loves it.  Maybe I'll pass it on to her one of these days.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:24:26 PM EDT
[#13]
yellow grips on mine (ivory, LOL). much more reliable than the POS beretta bobcat I have
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 12:26:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Heck, I remember when the price on the Raven "jumped" to $49 and every drawer in the USA, just about, seemed had one in it.

On one .22 Jennings, the safety had to be removed as it would engage under all that awesome recoil. At least it worked, other than that.
The Sterlings I had were worse!

Also, I would NEVER carry around any of those types of gun with a round chambered, not that I would "carry" one in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 5:05:52 AM EDT
[#15]
It would be almost as fast to draw and chamber a round as it would to try and get that damned safety off!
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:33:08 AM EDT
[#16]
The .25 ACP may be the single most useless round ever devised by man. I have absolutely no use nor any respect for that round or the guns that utilize it.

I was given a Raven once. Had it for about a week. It took me 6 days to find someone stupid enough to buy it!

Just my personal opinion... if you guys like them... more power to you.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The .25 ACP may be the single most useless round ever devised by man. I have absolutely no use nor any respect for that round or the guns that utilize it.

I was given a Raven once. Had it for about a week. It took me 6 days to find someone stupid enough to buy it!

Just my personal opinion... if you guys like them... more power to you.

Man, you are a bit of a killjoy tonight.

Noone ever claimed these were usefull guns, just fun.  I have a Taurus PT22, that is fun, but it also jams about every other round.  Still fun for clearing drills though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a Raven .25 also. Chrome w/white pearl handles. Only carry it when in my Caddy checkin on my Ho's!

Only paid $30 for mine..LOL!
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey Markbo,

Thats about the silliest thing I have seen.  1st, the Raven works.  Cheap it is,  but it is freakin' reliable.

.25acp useless?  WTF are you babbling about?  It is TONS more reliable than the .22, packs plenty of power for something that size and a there is nothing like a face full of .25acp's to change some douchebag's mind about leaving you the fuck alone.

Like an old magazine used to say, "a hit with a .25 is better than a miss w/ a .44 mag."  This Raven will put 6 rounds into a targets chest and face at 10 ft which is as far as you ant to be splainin' to a jury about why you pulled and shot someone.  It is also ultra concelable.

Slumlord, what do you mean by insinuating that the .25 is not useful?  Useful is the pistol you got wit' you when the pimp on da' other corner is slappin' yo Ho's around.  

Anyway, enough dissin' the bling bling chromed pimp piece!
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#20]
PICS...PICS....I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE ARE NO PICS IN THIS THREAD
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#21]
HAH!  You want pics, I'll get some pics of dem gats this weekend!

Link Posted: 8/1/2003 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Anything you have on you can be useful, just not what I would want to have on my when things get ugly.  

As for Bling - Bling, this will have to do for now.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 8:58:18 PM EDT
[#23]
True,  Nothin' like an M249 SAW if the shit hits the fan.

Bring your digital cam tomorrow & we can get some pics fo the RaVEN.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 7:05:42 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anything you have on you can be useful, just not what I would want to have on my when things get ugly.  

As for Bling - Bling, this will have to do for now.
home.quixnet.net/~mcress/nickel%20S&W.jpg

That looks like a pimp in Mayberrys gun!  Just kidding.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Well here is SC-Texas's lunch pic from the show today.
Raven included!!!

Link Posted: 8/3/2003 7:55:54 AM EDT
[#26]
The old DOME DAWG & Cup-O-Fries lives in the ne RELIANT Stadium.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 11:10:35 PM EDT
[#27]
I never owned a Raven. I did own a Beretta 950BS .25acp. It was 100% reliable and accurate enought to shoot a perfect score on my agencies 36 round qualification course.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 11:13:40 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The .25 ACP may be the single most useless round ever devised by man.

I killed a lot of garden raiding rabbits with mine.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 3:36:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Here's the trip to the range.

Link Posted: 8/8/2003 12:28:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Laugh if you like, but the Ravens do actually work.  Watch-Six
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top