Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2009 3:07:32 AM EDT
I know a guy who has what I think is a rare handgun.

It is marked Colt, it is in the Colt plastic "box" with the owner's manual, 1 extra magazine, etc.

It is double action only and .40 caliber.

On the bottom of the frame it is marked (don't remember the exact words, but something to the effect of) Manufactured in Czechoslakia for the Colt Patent Firearms Company.

I've fired this gun (I don't like double action semi autos) and looked it over pretty well.  

The reason I think it's rare is, first, I've never seen another one at gun stores or gun shows and second, when I ask dealers about such a gun they look at me funny and tell me there's no such thing.

Anybody here seen one or heard of them?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 4:36:40 AM EDT
[#1]
CZ40. Sold under Colt's banner for a very short time.

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 4:49:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep - Z40

Collectors item of a sorts - only 800 made as Colt Z-40. A
collaborative effort between Colt and CZ, with a 1911 style frame but
CZ top end and internals. About 100 imported.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 6:02:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I remember my dad having something like that...
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:11:10 AM EDT
[#4]
The last gun show I went a guy had one of those Colts on the table NIB for $1,200, a few tables over there was the same gun only marked CZ with box for $295.

Didn't CZ have a bunch of those CZ/1911s for sale for around $300-400 for a long time?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:27:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The last gun show I went a guy had one of those Colts on the table NIB for $1,200, a few tables over there was the same gun only marked CZ with box for $295.

Didn't CZ have a bunch of those CZ/1911s for sale for around $300-400 for a long time?

The Z40 was DAO, and has a little collectors value because it says Colt on it.

The CZ40B was SA/DA and retailed about 300 with 2 mags.  An awesome deal.

1200 is way too much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top