Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2010 6:23:36 PM EDT
I'm currently lugging about 3-4 handgun cases, and another bag that holds my ammo/gear. Can you guys recommend me a range bag that can comfortably hold 3-4 handguns? I've thought about trying to make a 4 pocket divider of sorts out of denim and then lining it with foam, but it seems much easier to just buy one.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 6:36:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Glock sells a 4 gun bag that seems to work ok.  I am currently carrying 3 glocks in one with all of the assorted mags, ammo and holsters and it would hold a 4th easily.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Midway USA range bag
BEST BAG
not only for the money but I don't see any that stand up to space and quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j59SDYNm9qg
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#4]
This is the best range bag I have ever used.

Link Posted: 7/18/2010 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This is the best range bag I have ever used.

I second WRB. I have several of their rifle cases and the pistol bag. Well made.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 3:26:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Midway USA range bag
BEST BAG

The shooter Conection bag that midway stole the design from is a better made bag, and Green Mt bags are even better made than chucks bag.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:56:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Hmmm, midwayusa bag is unavailable right now. Looking at the others, but I'm trying to figure out if they're worth $80-$120 more.

Seems many of these bags have 2 individual sleeves for pistols. Doesn't that mean they only comfortably hold 1 handgun in each sleeve? If you add more into the sleeve, that just means they're bumping/scratching their finishes, right?
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 10:15:32 AM EDT
[#8]
The Midway bag has 2 removable zippered felt lined "cases" that you can put a pistol in.

It also has a bag that comes out of the middle (they say it's for different stages) that has both long sides zippered on the top (felt lined as well). So it can easily hold 4 pistols, and up to 8 if you try hard enough. I took 3 1911's and 200rds to the range one day to test out some CProducts mags and it was heavy enough that the shoulder strap couldn't keep the bag up.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 10:34:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Midway bag has 2 removable zippered felt lined "cases" that you can put a pistol in.

It also has a bag that comes out of the middle (they say it's for different stages) that has both long sides zippered on the top (felt lined as well). So it can easily hold 4 pistols, and up to 8 if you try hard enough. I took 3 1911's and 200rds to the range one day to test out some CProducts mags and it was heavy enough that the shoulder strap couldn't keep the bag up.

Thanks a lot for that info. Any chance they sell extra "cases" that are felt lined? I'm going to try and shoot them an email, but more "cases" should easily fit in there, right?
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Check Larry's Pistol and pawn website for TAC Force bags.  I've owned three of their rifle cases, well made and Larry's has the lowest prices I've seen on the web for TAC force bags.  They might have a handgun bag that will work for you.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:04:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks a lot for that info. Any chance they sell extra "cases" that are felt lined? I'm going to try and shoot them an email, but more "cases" should easily fit in there, right?

I couldn't tell you because I haven't felt the need to find any more

They're a stupid simple nylon case with a zipper on one end and you could probably fit 4 more in there if you tried.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:04:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Midway USA range bag
BEST BAG

The shooter Conection bag that midway stole the design from is a better made bag, and Green Mt bags are even better made than chucks bag.

This...
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:27:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Check the hardware store, tool bags make great range/pistol bags.  They are made from tough material and have plenty of pockets large and small for pistols, mags, and ammo.  And they can be had for cheaper than a named range/pistol bag.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:01:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have that bag.  I took six pistols to the range yesterday and each one had its own compartment.  I don't think you will have to add any more zippered pistol pouches.  There are two that come with the bag and they fit into a "pocket" on either side of the interior.  So you can hold 4 pistols right there.  Then there are two zippered pockets on either side of the removable ammo carrier in the center.  Plus there's pocket in the zippered magazine compartment.  If you needed more capacity, either f the two front pockets that are zippered would fit a pistol.  In addition, you can stuff 2 more in between the center ammo carrier and the pockets that hold the zippered pistol pockets.  All without the worry of anything bumping or rubbing against anything else.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 10:05:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I have never seen a range bag that I liked for my uses, let alone liked well enough to spend $200 on.

I'm using a rather large bag from Avery, which was originally made for dog trainers.  It will easily hold 3 or 4 guns in gun rugs, or even more if they're in gun socks.  Plenty of pockets too, and it was only $50.

For a stage bag, I'm using a canvas rigger's bag ($10) from Harbor Freight.   I have several of these, each dedicated to a match gun.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Wait for the Midway range bag to go on sale.  It goes from $60 down to $40 fairly regularly, so you just have to be patient.  Also, Midway does sell additional  pistol cases

I have chosen to use the tactical pistol case because it allows me to carry the magazines with it - keeps each pistol together as a system.

ETA - I just stack the pistol cases in the main center compartment and zip it up and off I go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top