Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2006 3:12:23 PM EDT
Range Report – GLOCK 19, Gen 3 with ammo review

Bought this, brand new, from an ARF member, AR9mm, and picked it up this past Wednesday (8-16-06)

AR9mm had a boresighting laser and we screwed it into the barrel.  The sights were a shade above a 6o'clock sight picture.  

Excellent!

I fired approximately 300rnds today at Trailglades Park on the western edge of Miami.

I was a little concerned about the grip but it turned out to be a non-issue really.

Some muzzle flip but minor overall.

7 yds

Optical illusion (someone else's target), the furthest I fired is 15yds.  The target shown is at 25yds.  The berm is 100yds.  

The first 80 rounds at 7yds

Some after action shots

Ammo review

Speer Gold Dot 124grn JHP +P
My first 31 rounds.  Very accurate, the center of the picture above represents these rounds.  My opinion of them in the G19 is that they feel like 40S&W rounds.  A touch sharp in recoil.  Less felt recoil in my Beretta 92.  The difference was expected.  
All rounds fed perfectly.

I bought 200 rnds earlier today at the gun show

Georgia Arms 9mm, 124grn FMJ
I had about 200 rounds of this on hand and let me begin by saying that this is blasting ammo for sure.  

These are factory reloads, there were probably four different brass manufacturers in the rounds I had.  I knew all this ahead of time but wanted to try them out anyway.

In my opinion this ammo does not rate high enough to be considered training ammo.

It requires a very steady hand and trigger finger to get the rounds on target.  The earlier picture where it begins to spread out is the GA ammo.  Another problem with the GA ammo is this:

(GA ammo on the left, WWB 115grn FMJ on the right)

I had issues 90% of the time with failure to feed the last round of the magazine.  This only happened on the last round.  There is no previous round to help guide the final round so IMO the bullet is too short (for the G19 anyway).  No issues with the Beretta 92 (besides the same accuracy issues).

Last issue.  Not always consistent in felt recoil, which probably explains the accuracy variances.

Winchester White Box, 9mm, 115grn FMJ and WWB 9mm, 124grn FMJ
I had bought the GA rounds to try out.  I will be staying with WWB for all non-CCW uses (plinking, handgun classes, etc).  

This is great training ammo .  

Consistent recoil of all rounds, feeds all the time, every time.  Excellent accuracy without needing to be perfect (as the Shoot-N-C targets revealed).

I’ve learned my lesson – stick with WWB for all calibers

After the range action, I loaded up two mags with Gold Dots, wiped off the front of the barrel and frame and stuck the G19 in my pants.

Went to the WalMart nearby and bought 300 rnds of WWB 115grn FMJ

Here is part of the their ammo selection (the righthand center shelf is all 9mm, lol), rifle ammo is to the left of employee

Thanks for your attention.

Dan
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#1]
nice report, great pics, thanks!

oh, and congrats on the G19
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 4:49:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
nice report, great pics, thanks!

oh, and congrats on the G19

Thanks

Should I field strip and clean it
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Good report.  Try American Eagle sometime for training ammo, I think it is cleaner and more accurate out of my G21 than WWB.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Understood, its just that WWB is easily found at the WalMarts around here.

Only a few other places sell ammo and they all cost more (or the same) for less ammo.  ie 50/box instead of 100/box.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#5]
lol, almost 200 views

I figured this would be old-news-like
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice pics! Nice review too.

BTW went to the shooting spot today before I was rained out. Dont know if it was me or what but i didnt see the gong out there this time around.

Khem
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:44:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Nice shooting - I wish I could keep 80 rounds that tight but I'm not that good
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:44:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/danpass/Glock/PICT2653.jpg

Thanks.

and, looking at your portrait, you have to either move your head to the left or the gun to the right
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:50:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/danpass/Glock/PICT2653.jpg

Thanks.

and, looking at your portrait, you have to either move your head to the left or the gun to the right

- Well luckily I have more hair and am not as fat in real life as I am in my Internet portrait!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top