Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 12:23:41 PM EDT
Thought I'd throw this up-

Went to the range yesterday to break in my new x-mas presents to myself...........
These are my second and third Glocks (have had a G17 for 3 years).

First off - I'm no expert marksman, just a gun lova that  has JUST a clue on how to shoot properly - no formal instruction yet but hopefully that will change this year.

G20 - used Georgia Arms 180gr stuff  pretty tame fodder. 200 rounds fired.  1 FTF. 1 round jammed coming out of the mag & into the chamber. This was with the 1st 20 rounds so I'm not too concerned yet. Stripped the mag, re-inserted, racked the slide & kept going. In full disclosure, I tried twice load a round by hand into the chamber with no mag. The round fired but stove-piped on BOTH occasions. I guess its not designed to feed w/o a mag...
Overall VERY pleased and the gun is more accurate than I am - enough said

G19

Flawless - 300 out of 300 rounds of American Eagle 115gr ball - looks like this pistol will be a good as the G17 which has more than 2000 rounds with NO hiccups whatsoever.

I love my my 5 various 1911s ( one of which I'd trust my life to ) but when the chips are down I think I'll reach for the drastic plastic first - well at least my G17 for now.

My experiences.....YMMV.

Ed

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:55:36 PM EDT
[#1]
congrats!

need pics!

my G29 does the same thing w/ the single shots (no mag)--i think that its the longer 10mm casing that gets caught up before another (non-existant) round loads....
sorry, i load only 1 rnd in the mag and charge accordingly--i dont drop one in

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#2]
if you load a round into the chamber by hand the extractor will not grip the cartridge properly. which leads to extraction issues. when you shut the slide your forcing the extractor over the rim of the cartridge, which can break it.

it is not a good thing to do on most semiauto pistols.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:10:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Legonas-

Point taken - I am aware of the issues doing this. Just wanted to wring out the gun trying out
different senarios. Thanks for the heads up though
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:27:52 PM EDT
[#4]
My G23 will stovepipe on a regular basis if I shoot a round after removing a mag.  Other then that it is flawless with all sorts of ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top