Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2005 10:21:39 PM EDT
I'm interested in acquiring my first Glock, most likely a G20, since I kinda have a thing for 10mm right now. I know with the octagonally rifled barrels, that lead bullets are a no-no. What about the Rainier copper-coated lead bullets? Anyone use them?

I understand the leading problem, but it seems possible that if the copper-dipped lead bullets could expose a portion of the lead innards, thereby causing the dreading leading problem. I guess what I'm looking for is a testimonial from someone who uses the bullets and has had no problem.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:00:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been using Rainier bullets in 45 caliber for many years and am sold on them. For the little extra money I think they are worth it as they dont have the drawbacks of shooting lead. They are also still considerably cheaper than commercial brand jacketed bullets.

The Rainiers copper plating is fairly thick, much thicker than "copper washed" bullets. The lead is fairly soft but I dont see this as a problem. The bullets have been very accurate, and reliable. I have never had a problem with any leading and bullets that have been retrieved from the sand bank have been barely deformed.

I dont like dicking with lead any more regardless of the pistol. The Rainier bullets work great in Glocks.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:21:45 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 for Rainier
I have been shooting them in my 19 for several years and have had no problem. They shoot well and I have had no problems cycling. Look at cabelas for good prices and dirt cheap shipping.
I am picking up a 27 this week and plan to shoot the Rainier at the range.
When reloading with these, ensure that your case neck is properly sized or the copper plating can deform as the bullet is being seated.
Good luck and happy shooting!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:32:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I use the ranier 147gr 9mm jhps in my G19 all the time; no problems.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:07:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:21:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You will not have problems with Raineers but www.berrysmfg.com makes nicer bullets in the same price range.

I see he has free shipping, huge + for that!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top