Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 7:41:53 AM EDT
Everyone is concerned with recoil these  days, they talk about uncontrollable patterns in 5 second intervals. Who needs patterns when your goal is one shot one hit? Any comments are appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:09:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:33:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2005 11:36:16 AM EDT by Shadowblade]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:02:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:12:12 PM EDT
Recoil is easily managed with proper grip and training. women who weigh 110 pounds with small hands can master the recoil of a 1911 in .45cal. Recoil is overcome by most with practice. once the "flinch is gone" the recoil seems to be less and less perceived.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:38:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:40:56 PM EDT
Recoil bothers me if I shoot alot, after I got my hand/wrist hurt in an accident it will hurt after alot of high recoil rounds.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:46:49 PM EDT
Even if there was such a thing as a one shot stop, I think one would have to be extremely over confident to assume that they could hit with their first shot...in a suprised situation...possibly one handed...possibly in the dark... possibly while trying to take cover...possibly while the target is moving...possibly when being shot at... possibly while on the ground... possibly at a target that is partically behind solid cover... possibly ....well the point is, I think being able to recover and get back on target is essential.  I would never count on a one shot stop.  Imagine 300lbs of heavily clothed drug freak at seven yards and five seconds is four and half seconds too late.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:23:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bush2004:
Everyone is concerned with recoil these  days, they talk about uncontrollable patterns in 5 second intervals. Who needs patterns when your goal is one shot one hit? Any comments are appreciated.

I'm more concerned in 5 shot groups in under a second--hitting each shot.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:49:38 PM EDT
Maybe he was talking about a 20 mm grenade launcher handgun for one shot????  That you might only need one shot.  But then again, I haven't seen one of those.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:24:04 AM EDT
I have to say that the guy at the range last week with the .500 S&W had a significant pause between shots (greater than 5 sec.). I think that handcannon would result in SIGNIFICANT recoil. But than again, few would carry that as a CCW, LOL
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:03:47 AM EDT
Few people ever shoot their weapons at a living target and it really shows on the internet. You can realistically expect to get one or two well aimed shots at a target before it and /or you  are out of  a proper field of fire. Sometimes a third shot is available but more times than not. Think of it  like a high speed chess game where you have to make a move and then counter. Recoil does NOT come into play with a reasonable handgun choice and that means forget the trendy ultra-lites.
Top Top