Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/14/2005 5:35:00 AM EDT
Anybody use any of these that have a keypad to access your bedside pistol. I'm trying to kid proof my home but also realize that having seperate guns & ammo is not good if I have an intruder. I guess a quick access lock box is best compramise.

Just curious what models are best.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:59:54 AM EDT
I have a keypad pistol safe from Stack On but I wouldn't consider it quick access. Before I had my carry permit I would just leave the safe open when I went to bed and then lock it when I woke up. If you want a quick access safe you would probally be better off with a fingerprint access one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:01:04 PM EDT
I use a MultiVault with double capacity.

It has a recessed area where 4 fingers fit and buttons at the end of each for your fingertips.

It is easy to open fast in the dark, and the door pops open on a spring. There is a key access if you forget the combo.

Totally worth the money. I don't have an issue with leaving guns out normally, due to my most excellent habitat...but when I do have family or friends over, when there is a party, and especially when there are kids, I put the long guns in the big safe, and keep a pistol or two in the MultiVault.

$200 is damn cheap insurance over some disaster where some friend of a friend at a party has a couple of beers and finds a pistol out in the open...or the worst of them all, friends come over with kids and they go exploring...

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:42:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 3:43:20 PM EDT by clubsoda22]
at night remove the gun from the safe. Put it back in the morning. If you have a carry permit, in the morning put your gun on, at night take it off.

I do not trust digital locks. I had a stack on safe with a digital lock and the lock somehow forgot my combination and i couldn't get into the safe. Lot of good that would have done me in an emergency.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:05:23 PM EDT
I have one of these (it’s built like a BSH), covered by a small hanging tapestry:

http://www.kcsafe.com/Handgun2.htm

I’m very seriously considering the long gun version for a closet as soon as my home remodeling is competed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:54:00 PM EDT
I was originally looking at one of these.

http://store.yahoo.com/dynadirect/sp-agv1000cstd.html

The original I beleive.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:57:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/19/2005 3:58:18 PM EDT by CJK440]
Delete
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:02:13 PM EDT
+1 for the Multi Vault.

I have the two level model and I keep my main carry gun, my pocket gun, extra mags and a Z2 in it.

It is bolted to a shelf just in case even though when I leave for an overnight what I don't take goes in the big safe.

With two little kids I need security and easy access, and this offers both. I can open it in a few seconds in the dark and if the battery fails there is a key backup.

Well worth the money IMO.

Seydou
Top Top