Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/2/2005 2:32:08 PM EDT
so glad this forum is here, so I do not have to lurk over on 1911forums....

But my question is, is the slide release that comes standard on the CQB the largest wilson has to offer? I would really like something bigger..
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:20:11 PM EDT
They have an extended one that doesn't come standard on the CQB, but you can buy it aftermarket. I think you're better off when a standard slide release though. I think the extended one is more of a nuisance than a help.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:57:59 PM EDT
Stick with the stock part and learn to release the slide using an overhand method vice the slide STOP.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:10:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SSeric02:
Stick with the stock part and learn to release the slide using an overhand method vice the slide STOP.

EXACTLY!!

Who trained you to use the Slide Lock for releasing the slide anyway?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:23:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By markm:

EXACTLY!!

Gentleman, I have been shooting autos for quite some time, and I am aware of the overhand slide method and employ its use 95% of the time. But some situations (when I carry it for CCW, or compete with it) using the over hand slide release method doesn't seem so appealing. The slide release is small and awkward after becoming 'intimate' with the gun..looking for something just a little bigger..
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:25:34 AM EDT
Bigger than standard in 1911 slide releases usually results in problems.

Pay attention to the rest of the posts in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:27:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Lumpy196:
Bigger than standard in 1911 slide releases usually results in problems.

Pay attention to the rest of the posts in this thread.

So there is only one aftermarket size of slide releases available? if there is, im shit out of luck..
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:54:27 AM EDT
No, there are plenty of aftermarket slide releases.

Again, though, I do not recommend them.

damian@adcofirearms.com
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:42:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:21:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By chromeluv:

EXACTLY!!

Gentleman, I have been shooting autos for quite some time, and I am aware of the overhand slide method and employ its use 95% of the time. But some situations (when I carry it for CCW, or compete with it) using the over hand slide release method doesn't seem so appealing. The slide release is small and awkward after becoming 'intimate' with the gun..looking for something just a little bigger..

This is exactly when you DON'T want to use the slide STOP to release the slide while reloading. Under pressure your fine motor skills will degrade. To what degree varies by person and situation. However, training yourself to use a method that has a high chance of failure in this situation is unwise.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:23:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chromeluv:

EXACTLY!!

This is exactly when you DON'T want to use the slide STOP to release the slide while reloading. Under pressure your fine motor skills will degrade. To what degree varies by person and situation. However, training yourself to use a method that has a high chance of failure in this situation is unwise.

Here we go!

Well, if someone trains to enhance those fine motor skills during stressful situations, using the slide release will be faster for me personally. And I have never had a slide release 'fail' on me at anytime in my life.

But the original question was if wilson made a bigger slide release, that was it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:55:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2005 2:56:14 PM EDT by WilsonCQB1911]

Here we go!

Well, if someone trains to enhance those fine motor skills during stressful situations, using the slide release will be faster for me personally. And I have never had a slide release 'fail' on me at anytime in my life.

But the original question was if wilson made a bigger slide release, that was it.

That got answered in the second post....

It'd be really easy to go to Wilson Combat's website and look around for yourself. They list all their products. But, here it is anyway:
http://www.wilsoncombat.com/a_slide_releases.asp
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:29:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WilsonCQB1911:

Here we go!

That got answered in the second post....

It'd be really easy to go to Wilson Combat's website and look around for yourself. They list all their products. But, here it is anyway:
http://www.wilsoncombat.com/a_slide_releases.asp

yeah bud, I appreciate it too. Ive been on the site myself but I was just trying further my research on my particular situation..
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:39:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2005 3:55:54 PM EDT by SGB]
Top Top