Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 12/12/2013 9:02:31 PM EDT
I've never done this before with any handgun because if i wanted the tactical model i've just bought that model...
But i acquired a new HK .45C for a really great price & would like to buy a threaded barrel for it.

What i don't understand is, how it is legal to purchase an HK threaded barrel & use it on my weapon when the serial number is on the original barrel that came with the gun?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:03:39 AM EDT
[#1]
It is completely legal. While the frame, slide, and barrel on your 45c share the same serial number the "firearm" as far as the ATF or any other .gov is concerned is the frame only. Changing barrels is not an issue. I have a 45ct and did the reverse and bought a regular barrel for carry duty. You are good to go.

ETA: I live in Alabama. This might not be the case if you live in a state that requires those stupid fired shell casings.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:14:09 AM EDT
[#2]
The serial number on the barrel is an HK thing, and is not a legal requirement.
Many people do exactly what you plan on doing with no problems.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:23:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The serial number on the barrel is an HK thing, and is not a legal requirement.
Many people do exactly what you plan on doing with no problems.
View Quote

Glock does this also. I'm sure other manufacturers do as well. I don't know why but as JBnTX said, it is not a legal requirement.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top