Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2006 9:19:04 AM EDT
I have been using a Threat Solutions UCR to carry my GLOCK 19 for the last few months. I have found it to be the most comfortable and concealable holster I have used and have sung its praises on this board as well as others.

Recently one of the clips bent out of shape and creased the Kydex to the point where it is weakened. Upon inspecting the holster I also noticed what appears to be a stress crack near the trigger gaurd area of the holster. I have not abused this holster in any way and have not rolled or layed on it.

I still believe that this is a very well designed holster and would like to replace it. Has anyone else had durability issues with a UCR? I am hoping this was maybe an issue with a batch of Kydex that wasn't up to spec.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:02:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd call or email and see what they say, the instructor who convinced me to get one also had to have one replaced due to cracking.

It is comfortable, sometimes I wish the grip would lay "flatter" against my body.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:02:40 AM EDT
[#2]
***UPDATE***

Dave Vaughn called me himself yesterday is regards to the cracks in my holster. He told me to ship it to him and he will check it out and repair or replace it. Not only does he make a great holster, but he stands behind it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top