Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2012 1:16:00 PM EDT
I was just out shooting with my cousin and his ruger yesterday with my brand new gen 3 19. With full alignment of my arm when holding the pistol I had half of my index finger on the trigger...enough to disengage the trigger saftey and shoot. Then I shot my cousin's sr40, same grip and everything, I had a full finger hug on the trigger and felt more comfortable to me. I was just wondering if anybody is shooting like this? If not I might be lookin to switch pistols since this is my new conceal gun. Just dont want to give up the reliability of glock for a little comfort.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Then try a gen 4.  smaller grip circumference.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Different guns fit different people differently?

There are different schools of thought about how much finger on the trigger is proper technique...

Carry what you shoot the best, and are the most comfortable with.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:23:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That was exactly what I was thinking. The only reason I bought a gen 3 was because of the so called " problems " I heard about the gen 4's
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was exactly what I was thinking. The only reason I bought a gen 3 was because of the so called " problems " I heard about the gen 4's

Some Gen3 have the same problems

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every gun has problems here and there!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every gun has problems here and there!

I was reeaally hesitant to buy a gen 4, but damn I'm glad I did. I love it and wish I had other gen 4s now.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:07:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I was the same way. I was scared about the Gen 4 but then I bought a G21 Gen 4 and it changed teh way I fell about Gen 4's
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#8]
You should only be using the pad of your finger anyway.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:41:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:11:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Maybe I'm just "special," but I don't have any trouble controlling the amount of trigger finger I use.  With my Glocks and any other pistol I shoot, I use barely half of the last joint of my index finger.  Half-a-finger would indicate that you have half your finger sticking out the other side of the trigger.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:09:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I decided I'm gonna stay in the glock family after lookin at it last night. I also adjusted my grip just a bit last night, noticed I wasnt really tuckin the grip into my hand as I should. Probably explained why I was shy of my trigger grip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top