Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2002 7:33:58 AM EDT
Ok, here goes.  Got a friend with a USPC9 in stainless (not that I figure that matters) and it rattles when shaken.  Disassembly shows that it's got to be the plastic bushing/sleeve around the recoil spring making the noise.    The bushing/sleeve doesn't appear to be worn (the gun is rarely fired and in near mint condition).  Is this common?  Is there a fix for it?  It's really annoying him and he is considering getting rid of this gun (hmmm, maybe that isn't such a bad idea if I get first crack at it) and I don't think he should.  Help?

Thanx!
WWoodworth
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes it is normal. Its just the recoil bushing sliding around on the guide rod and recoil spring.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I have heard of this before.  I wonder if it's just a 9mm thing.  Hard as I try, I can't make my 40 cal rattle.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member - www.nra.org
GOA Life Member - www.gunowners.org
SAF Supporter - www.saf.org
SAS Supporter - www.sas-aim.org

Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:26:14 PM EDT
[#3]
My 40C and 45C both do it. My 9C did it when I still had it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:57:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My 40C and 45C both do it. My 9C did it when I still had it.

Guess I lucked out.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member - www.nra.org
GOA Life Member - www.gunowners.org
SAF Supporter - www.saf.org
SAS Supporter - www.sas-aim.org

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top