Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 12/14/2005 2:31:17 PM EDT

I know this isn't the best pic, but I took about eight of them and this one came out the best.  I picked up this USP .40 about 4 years ago from a pawn shop.  I've handled several other USPs since then, and all of them had a slightly different mag release.  Mine is sort of a sharp triangle shape, while the others were much more rounded, and perhaps a tiny bit shorter.

I'm wondering if my mag release is an aftermarket add-on, or if HK has switched around the design a little bit through the years.  Mine has a VERY crisp letoff, which makes for quicker mag changes.  I like it a lot better than the other USPs I've handled.

Anybody have an answer on this one?

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#1]
there is an aftermarket mag release for HK?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:04:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm willing to bet that HK just changed the shape at some point.  I don't think that anyone has made any aftermarket mag release for the USP.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]
You can count the aftermarket parts out there for H&Ks on one hand & have fingers left over, IMO.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks the same as mine. '93 manufacture.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:59:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Same as my Tac, AA date code and Compact, AD date code.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#6]
HK did change the shape of the mag release at some time, IIRC either 95 (KF) or 96 (KG).  They made it smaller so it would be less likely to release the mag accidentally.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top