Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2010 5:26:41 AM EDT
I just purchased a older S&W .38 Special with a 6 inch barrel and I want to know how old it might be.  The serial number is D 372XXX.  Any information would help.  Below is a pic

Thank you in advance for the information

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:32:24 AM EDT
[#1]
1970 or 71, give or take.  I have three M10's in the D series.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#2]
That was a nice period for the Model 10.  Most were tackdrivers.  EVERYONE needs a model 10 sometimes . . . just to know how accurate and refined a revolver trigger pull can be!

BTW . . . here's an earlier one, made about five years before S&W started calling their models by a number designation.  Until then, the Model 10 was simply called the S&W Military & Police model.  This particular one came with the "rarer" 5" barrel, though many came with 6" or 4" barrels, as well as other variations too through the years . . .

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/415/415871/folders/305468/2454099IMG2078p-pi-c.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top