Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2003 8:20:00 PM EDT
I saw pictures in the new G&A of the beretta storm and it looks like it will sure piss off the anti's.  It reminds me of the HK UMC but done right.  I think I might have to get one!

I see they take the same mags as the beretta handguns.  I'm sure the cougar 45 doesn't have any hi caps available, but are there any common mags which can be easily modified.  I prefer 45 acp, but 9mm is fun cheap and can take advantage of the plentiful m9 mags...

Does anyone know about the 45 mags?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:40:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Beretta came out with the Cougar after the hi-cap ban...their first .45 (I think).
I doubt you will find hi-caps...I have a 8045 and the mags are expensive!
VF
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I was wondering if there were any out there that could be easily modified, like for instance using beretta 92 mags in the XD...
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Beretta came out with the Cougar after the hi-cap ban...their first .45 (I think).
I doubt you will find hi-caps...I have a 8045 and the mags are expensive!
VF

CD Investments have the cheapest mags I've found. $30 for factory mags.
www.cdnninvestments.com/bercoug80408.html

sk8brdnick,
I think you're probably going to have to wait 'til after Sept. '04 for hi-cap .45 mags. Beretta's only been making the .45 for a short while unlike the 92 which was around before the AWB.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#4]
cougar8045,
Thanks.  When I bought mine (extra magazines)a couple years back, no one but Beretta had them and they did not have them for $30!  But they did me a little favor...I got over charged for the mags (they wham'd me too much for freight w/out telling me)...so they sent me a very nice Beretta folding knife as a "I'm sorry" gift!  I was happy!  Still am.
I got a trigger job on my 8045 this spring (E. Langdon) and it's fast becoming a favorite shooter!
VF
VF
VF
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top