Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2011 6:34:53 AM EST
I've always found the double action trigger reach to be too far for me. Frankly, I can't see that it wouldn't be too far for most people. The safety lever has always been difficult for me to switch with my strong hand thumb as well. This using a proper grip of course. I can maneuver my hand on the grip around to manipulate both however. Single action is good to go with the trigger reach. I'd like to carry it hammer down (double action mode) for IWB holster if I so choose though. That is the one feature that attracts me away from a Hi-Power, so I'd like to be able to utilize it. So after running up on a very fair deal on a CZ-75, I'm thinking about taking the plunge and actually buying one, but I want to address these two issues. Are there any after market manufacturers that make replacement parts to fix these two blemishes on an otherwise fine firearm?

Thanks!

Konger
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:25:32 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/13/2011 7:26:58 AM EST by PA452]
I could be wrong, but I don't think there are trigger options out there that will bring the trigger farther back for DA. The DA requires some travel, that's the nature of the beast. I almost never use the DA, so I don't really notice it as a major problem.

Never noticed a problem with the safeties. I've always found them reasonably easy to manipulate without readjusting my grip. The bottom of the safety installed on the SAO is a bit sharp, but I've developed some calluses in the right spot on my thumb so it doesn't bother me anymore.

Is your problem primarily engaging the safety? Or disengaging also?

Which model were you looking at?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:28:42 AM EST
I think it was the 75 B. Trigger reach in DA mode was the biggest problem between the two. Ergonomically, my Browning is much better in these two aspects.

Don't want to miss out on a deal, but only if these issues could be fixed.

I see now that CZ makes a similar model with a different trigger...hmmm.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:34:21 AM EST
Originally Posted By konger:
I think it was the 75 B. Trigger reach in DA mode was the biggest problem between the two. Ergonomically, my Browning is much better in these two aspects.

Don't want to miss out on a deal, but only if these issues could be fixed.

I see now that CZ makes a similar model with a different trigger...hmmm.

I think all of the DA triggers are going to be a similar distance forward though for DA. If you're seeing the flat triggers, those are for SAO.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:01:13 PM EST
There is a guy "smecky" that smiths CZ pistols at home. He has some nice stuff he has worked on. Currently I have a custom made adjustable sear in my 75sa he made. Anyway he is working on coming up with a user drop in trigger reduction kit. Here's a thread about it. Mark

http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php?topic=37456.0
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:26:05 PM EST
Originally Posted By msmedley:
There is a guy "smecky" that smiths CZ pistols at home. He has some nice stuff he has worked on. Currently I have a custom made adjustable sear in my 75sa he made. Anyway he is working on coming up with a user drop in trigger reduction kit. Here's a thread about it. Mark

http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php?topic=37456.0

Thanks for finding that! Unfortunately this probably means that no other company is making a fix for this. Seems CZ would address this at some point if this is an issue for so many shooters.

The pictures show exactly the issues I'm having. The tip of my trigger finger pad only touches the face of the trigger.

Keep us updated on his progress in this link if possible or IM me if you could. I'd appreciate it. I still want one, but I think I'm going to pass this time around.

Konger

Top Top