Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 9:17:48 PM EDT
Ok I would like some advice.

I currently own a Taurus PT99 and a Sig220 that both do duty as "stash guns"  The Sig in the Bedroom and the Taurus in the Office.  I think I want to upgrade to a pistol with a light [mount] and the Springfield XD in .45 ACP has caught my eye.  I know the Sig is also available with a Rail, and I suspect so is the taurus.  I have several reliable mags for both guns, and occasionally bring them to my local IPSC matches to maintain familiarity with operating them under stress.

First Choice would be to just buy the XD outright, but trading something would be easier on the wallet.  Right now I am leaning toward trading the Taurus, but then I have to change my field holster Bianchi UM and magpouches because the Taurus was also my hiking gun.  The Sig is on the block because it's not a 1911, but that's the same reason I own it in the first place.   I like the SIG and it's fairly fumble proof under stress.  It also carries pretty well, considering it's size.  The fact that Jack Bauer has shot more people with a sig 220 than any other gun has nothing to do with it.  [I'm joking, my GF was reading over my shoulder and asked the question...]

So, what should I do?  Trade either of the pistols or just buy outright?

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:25:46 PM EDT
[#1]
The SIG and XD are head and shoulders above  the Taurus.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:03:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Sell the Taurus and put the money into another pistol with a rail.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:21:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Ditch the Taurus and get another Sig with a rail.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't ever sell a Sig.  You will come to regret it.  The Sig gods will curse you good if you sell it.  Having an XD40 I can say without a doubt that it is a sweet pistol.  Very accurate, comfortable, and pretty much idiot proof.  I have never found the need for a rail yet, but might some day.  The newer Sigs, especially the 220R seem to be having some problems.  A local PD just got rid of all their 220R's because small parts kept breaking (trigger bars, slide stops, takedown levers, decockers).  All of those parts are pretty darn important.  I don't know if Sig has gone to MIM parts or what.  Something to consider.  MJD
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:43:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't ever sell a Sig.  You will come to regret it.  The Sig gods will curse you good if you sell it.  Having an XD40 I can say without a doubt that it is a sweet pistol.  Very accurate, comfortable, and pretty much idiot proof.  I have never found the need for a rail yet, but might some day.  The newer Sigs, especially the 220R seem to be having some problems. A local PD just got rid of all their 220R's because small parts kept breaking (trigger bars, slide stops, takedown levers, decockers).  All of those parts are pretty darn important.  I don't know if Sig has gone to MIM parts or what.  Something to consider.  MJD

Based on their price tag I would expect the R models to be 100% reliable.  I was doing some serious drolling over the Blackwater and Equinox at yesterdays gunshow.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:18:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't ever sell a Sig.  You will come to regret it.  The Sig gods will curse you good if you sell it.  Having an XD40 I can say without a doubt that it is a sweet pistol.  Very accurate, comfortable, and pretty much idiot proof.  I have never found the need for a rail yet, but might some day.  The newer Sigs, especially the 220R seem to be having some problems. A local PD just got rid of all their 220R's because small parts kept breaking (trigger bars, slide stops, takedown levers, decockers).  All of those parts are pretty darn important.  I don't know if Sig has gone to MIM parts or what.  Something to consider.  MJD

Based on their price tag I would expect the R models to be 100% reliable.  I was doing some serious drolling over the Blackwater and Equinox at yesterdays gunshow.

Drooling is fine, I just wouldn't drop any money on them right now until the bugs are worked out.  I wouldn't think Blackwater would endorse a product that wasn't up-to-par, but you never know.  Remember all the problems the GSR had a few years back?  Supposedly they've taken care of them, so Sig is responsive when they know there's an issue.  MJD
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+10  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Sell the Taurus and get the XD-45acp.  I have both the Sig P220 and Springfield XD-45acp.  Don't ever consider selling a Sig, unless its to get another Sig.  The XD-45acp will not be as accurate as the Sig 220, but it's pretty accurate, more so than my Glock 22.  Something about having 14rds of 45acp in the palm of your hand leaves a warm, fuzzy feeling in your stomach.    Also, the XD-45acp fits in the hand pretty good too.  If the Glock 21 is too damn wide to grip,  the XD-45acp is the answer.  I wish the Glock 21's grip wasnt so damn wide.  I would of bought one years ago.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:55:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Sell the Taurus and get the XD-45acp.  I have both the Sig P220 and Springfield XD-45acp.  Don't ever consider selling a Sig, unless its to get another Sig.  The XD-45acp will not be as accurate as the Sig 220, but it's pretty accurate, more so than my Glock 22.  Something about having 14rds of 45acp in the palm of your hand leaves a warm, fuzzy feeling in your stomach.    Also, the XD-45acp fits in the hand pretty good too.  If the Glock 21 is too damn wide to grip,  the XD-45acp is the answer.  I wish the Glock 21's grip wasnt so damn wide.  I would of bought one years ago.

Gee, there seems to be a concensus, dump the taurus, keep the Sig, buy the XD...  First ever in Arfcom history.

BTW I have a couple [3] Para-ordinance .45's so I do feel the fistful of love...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gee, there seems to be a concensus, dump the taurus, keep the Sig, buy the XD...  First ever in Arfcom history.

BTW I have a couple [3] Para-ordinance .45's so I do feel the fistful of love...

Which models do you have?  I have the Para-Ordnance Tac Four and P12.  I like them alot, especially the LDA trigger on the Tac Four.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:52:57 PM EDT
[#11]

so I do feel the fistful of love...

I can't believe nobody's found a way to take that waaaaay out of context yet.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:39:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I agree if you can get money out of it. If you take to big of  a hit then it is not worth it to get rid of it and is worth more as a spare pistol. I have a SIG with the rail 220st and the XD .45 and personaly I prefer the XD.45 and it holds 13rds in the mag instead of 8 although if it is a house gun you could get a 10rd mag for the SIG. I still vote for getting the XD.45 and if you can afford to do not take to big a hit on the Taurus but if you can get money out of it I would trade it off. Just my two cents.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#13]
My para's  a P14.45 LDA, a 7.45 LDA and a 7.45 LDA Limited.

Context?  WTF is that?  How do you know that is not precisely what I meant?

Update:

My local Gunwhore, I mean gunshop decided they wanted $700 for a black 4", and $$more for the 5" bi-tone... Soooo, I won't be buying one of those from there...   No friggin way I am paying a prmium for that gun.  Maybe in a year or so, when they come down a bit...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top