Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 7/21/2008 9:52:46 AM EST
It was my impression, perhaps wrong, that all NEW firearms had to be proof tested by the manufacture for sale in the US…

If true, does anyone know what the document requiring it is?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:52:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/22/2008 5:52:10 AM EST by brickeyee]

Originally Posted By Parrot32:
It was my impression, perhaps wrong, that all NEW firearms had to be proof tested by the manufacture for sale in the US…

Not required.
manufacturers may proof anyway to check for flaws and reduce liability, but they are not required to by law.

Many European countries DO require proof testing, sometimes at a government run 'proof house.'
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:23:03 AM EST
Burst my bubble, but thanks!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:46:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By brickeyee:

Not required.
manufacturers may proof anyway to check for flaws and reduce liability, but they are not required to by law.

Many European countries DO require proof testing, sometimes at a government run 'proof house.'

Yup, I believe that's why many HK guns have an antler stamped on the side. I believe I read somewhere that's the proof house stamp.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:46:58 PM EST
Dont HK's usually get the proof test?
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 2:03:07 AM EST

Originally Posted By ED_P:

Originally Posted By brickeyee:

Not required.

Yup, I believe that's why many HK guns have an antler stamped on the side. I believe I read somewhere that's the proof house stamp.

You will find it on the slide, barrel and frame IRC. Along with another proof stamp.
Top Top