BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 9:05:05 PM EDT
Sorry if i am beating a dead horse...

Are Promag mags reliable in the 92?  

Thanks for the responses in advance!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a promag 30rd.  It's about 90% reliable, but I would never use it for anything than dorking around at the range.  Havnt tried their 15rd ones. YMMV
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:19:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I never hear good about Pro-Mags but I do have to say that so far the 10rd mag I have for my SIG 220 is 100% and that is better than the factory SIG mag or the Novaks I have. I know you asked about Beretta but I am just trying to give you my experiance with promags. However unless you are getting them dirt cheap I would recomend going with MecGar mags that run about $20 a piece and they are hi quality mags. I think CDDN has factory take outs from new guns for $20 each also. If you are only saving $3-$5 a mag I would rather get the MecGar. It would be better to have one mag you trusted than two you were not sure of.  Just my two cents and sorry if I rambled to long.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Stay away from ProMags. They are for "range use only" at best. I've been finding factory mags for around $15 ea. (on the EE). Best to stick with them....... IMO
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks guys!  going to stick with factory, although one of the 10rndrs i got with my 92 is totally unreliable.  sadly surprised...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Try MecGar if you want cheaper than factory, but with the same quality.  They sell 10, 15, and 20 round magazines for beretta 92s.  I even recently purchased a Walther P99 new in box which included 2 MecGar magazines rather than the normal "factory" magazines.

P.S. ProMag sucks.  They'll fail when you need them most.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top