Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 11:19:49 AM EDT
I had some PT night sights put on a 92FS about 1 1/2 years ago. Today the rear sight is so dim that I can't mak it out in the dark and the front sight is barely visibile. My Trijicon sights are much brighter (as bright as the day I had them installed).

Has anyone else had a problem with PT sights?

Anyone tried to use their guarnantee? I shot them an email. I hope they will rectify the problem.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for PT's answer.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:22:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I have always understood PT night sights to be garbage, and most places won't even carry them anymore.  TopGlock has been selling theirs at a discount for the past couple of years.  It looks like they have just been trying to get rid of them.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:19:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Back when PT was IWI they were in Albuquerque.  I happened to be stationed there and took advantage...  had night sights put on a shotgun (just the front) and a USP9.  This was 1995 or so.  In 97 I had them installed on my USP45C and only late in 2005 did I replace them.  I cannot speak to their quality these days, but my night sights will either be Trijicon, XS Big Dots (which use Trijicon tubes), Novak Lomount (again, Trijicon tubes) or the Tritium Fiber Optic (TFOs).  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:48:03 AM EDT
[#4]
When I lived in Santa Fe, NM I bought some IWI sights for a USP. The sights lasted about 6 months or so. When I took them back to IWI for a warranty adjustment they were neither interested or friendly about warranty issues. In my opinion not a very good product or firm. Charles the Gunsmith.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I received an email back. Here is what they wrote me:

Dear Sir,

You have a lifetime warranty on the tritium. Please send the slide in to us at

IWI/MMC

4430 Mitchell St.

North Las Vegas NV 89081

There is a $12.00 return shipping and handling fee.

Be sure to include all return information including a phone number.

Best Regards,

Jerrie Ling

IWI/MMC

Customer Service Manager

After hearing similar complaints during this thread from other people, I am contemplating just having the Trijicon sights installed and calling it a loss. I think I will start a poll.

All comments welcome.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:05:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Now I know why PT is offering thier stuff cheap over on the SteyrClub forum
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:13:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I am going to say give them a chance.  But before you do, ask them what their turnaround time will be.  If it's anything other than 1 or 2 days, I say go for some Triji's or Ameriglo's.  I have not had to deal with Trijicon CS, but I know Ameriglo is top notch.  I had a front lamp blow out on my Ameriglo's and didn't even have a chance to call them before I had a replacement in the mail.  I was bitching on Glocktalk about it and the owner contacted me!

Quoted:
I received an email back. Here is what they wrote me:

Dear Sir,

You have a lifetime warranty on the tritium. Please send the slide in to us at

IWI/MMC

4430 Mitchell St.

North Las Vegas NV 89081

There is a $12.00 return shipping and handling fee.

Be sure to include all return information including a phone number.

Best Regards,

Jerrie Ling

IWI/MMC

Customer Service Manager

After hearing similar complaints during this thread from other people, I am contemplating just having the Trijicon sights installed and calling it a loss. I think I will start a poll.

All comments welcome.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:12:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Update: I went ahead and sent my slide to Trijicon. It should be there next week. I am off to some training in the desert after that so I will not be able to check them out until I get back. I will keep everyone updated when I get back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top