Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2013 1:44:29 PM EDT
I got my Beretta M9 a few months ago. I put about 150 rounds through it before I found out how to polish some internal parts for smoother trigger pulls. So I did that & replaced the hammer spring with the D model spring for lighter DA trigger pulls. I now plan on shooting IDPA with this gun. The problem is, the slide doesn’t always lock back. I stupidly decided to polish the part of the slide lock that actually holds it back so releasing the slide is a bit easier. Well even though I only polished it a bit, sometimes the slide just doesn’t lock back. It happens about once every 3-4 mags. It’s a much less frequent occurrence with my 17 round mags so I’ll be using those.

I’m probably just going to buy a new slide lock, but the problem is, I’m shooting an IDPA match tomorrow. So I’m wondering if anyone has any advice for this.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:48:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Is your right thumb riding the slide stop because of a high thumbs hold?  I did this in the beginning.  I shoot thumb over thumb now because it just works better with different types of guns.  And is especially good for DA pulls.  I think.  

If it is truly because you did something, your SOL until you get another part.  But I'd be looking at your thumb first.  You might just have to learn to live with it if you're going to shoot high thumbs.  You just reload when it don't go bang any more and cycle the slide.  Watch out for the decocker though when you cycle the slide.  It can engage.  Just make a short reach up to make sure with your right thumb.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 2:57:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Yah, I actually just thought about that as I was cleaning it. I'll have to pay attention to that next time I shoot.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Also, if you are right handed use your support hand to release the slide stop and chamber a round.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top