Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/1/2006 9:04:36 PM EDT
Just wondering yous guys experience with pro mag pistol magazines.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:19:33 AM EDT
so-so

they usually make good range mags (depending on the model firearm); for the rest, they SUCK (USA, Eagles, Tripple K, and imports are other crappy brands)

get Mec-Gars or some other brand of OEM mags for use

i have had some successs w/ promags for HK UPS and Ruger P95; but lousy results w/ 1911 and AR mags
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:19:41 PM EDT
Baby Jesus crys every time Pro Mag makes a magazine...

Don't skimp on mags! Magazines are the most common reason I have seen for semi-auto pistols to quit working. Better to have 1/2 as many OEM magazines that work than twice as many that are iffy.

Of course, if you want to practice intermittent failure drills, get some Pro mags. BSW
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:35:10 PM EDT
I purchased a 32 rnd for my XD 9 to use at the range and it functions. I really bought it for as a toy.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:23:43 PM EDT
I got some pro mags for a CZ I had a while back and the mags wouldn't hold anywhere near the amount that they were advertised to hold. Feed was okay, but would occassionally cause a problem.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:25:58 PM EDT
wouldnt trust them for anything other than range mags and even then they come with headaches
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:10:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By briansmithwins:
Baby Jesus crys every time Pro Mag makes a magazine...

Don't skimp on mags! Magazines are the most common reason I have seen for semi-auto pistols to quit working. Better to have 1/2 as many OEM magazines that work than twice as many that are iffy.

Of course, if you want to practice intermittent failure drills, get some Pro mags. BSW

Haha. I haven't had any experience with them. I just noticed they made a 15 rd. mag for the 995 hi point carbine. I thought it might be cool to get 1 or 2. I guess not , huh. I've had some exp. with USA mags and know they are complete JUNK. I really don't know how they stay in business.
Top Top